William J Jordan
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Optimal analysis of composite cytokine responses during alloreactivityWilliam J Jordan
Department of Immunology, Division of Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, W12 0NN, London, UK
J Immunol Methods 260:1-14. 2002..This novel finding suggests that naive T cells themselves could regulate type-1/type-2 developmental fate through an autocrine IL-4 mechanism...
- IL-13 production by donor T cells is prognostic of acute graft-versus-host disease following unrelated donor stem cell transplantationWilliam J Jordan
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Blood 103:717-24. 2004..The data challenge the notion that aGVHD is purely a Th1-type cytokine-driven response, high-lighting a novel and highly significant link between the Th2-type cytokine IL-13 and aGVHD...
- Creation of tolerogenic human dendritic cells via intracellular CTLA4: a novel strategy with potential in clinical immunosuppressionPeng H Tan
Department of Immunology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, W12 ONN, United Kingdom
Blood 106:2936-43. 2005..This gene-based strategy to knock out surface receptors is an attractive alternative to using immature dendritic cells for preventing transplant rejection and treating of autoimmune diseases...
- Altered expression and endocytic function of CD205 in human dendritic cells, and detection of a CD205-DCL-1 fusion protein upon dendritic cell maturationMatt Butler
Department of Immunology, Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Immunology 120:362-71. 2007....
- Cross-species costimulation: relative contributions of CD80, CD86, and CD40Nicola J Rogers
Department of Immunology, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Campus, London
Transplantation 75:2068-76. 2003..Whereas only porcine CD86 is constitutively expressed on resting endothelial cells, both CD40 and CD80 are rapidly expressed after activation. All three costimulatory molecules are expressed by professional antigen-presenting cells...
- Human beta-defensin 2 induces a vigorous cytokine response in peripheral blood mononuclear cellsMichele Boniotto
Department of Oral Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, MSB, Rm C 636, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ 07103 2714, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1433-41. 2006..The induction or up-regulation of a number of cytokines involved in the adaptive immune response suggests a possible role for these defensins in linking innate and acquired immunity...