A M Isla
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Laparoscopic management of insulinomasA Isla
Department of Surgery, Imperial College Healthcare, London, UK
Br J Surg 96:185-90. 2009..The laparoscopic approach has advantages in terms of improved postoperative pain and recovery time. This retrospective study evaluated the laparoscopic management of pancreatic insulinomas...
- Single-stage laparoscopic management of acute gallstone pancreatitis: outcomes at different timingsAntonio Navarro-Sanchez
Northwick Park and St Mark s Hospital, North West London Hospitals NHS Trust, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, London, HA1 3UJ, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 15:297-301. 2016..We report our experience of laparoscopic single-stage management with cholecystectomy and intraoperative cholangiogram followed by laparoscopic bile duct exploration (LBDE) when necessary performed at three different stages...
- Advantages of laparoscopic stented choledochorrhaphy over T-tube placementA M Isla
Upper Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Unit, Ealing and Charing Cross Hospitals, London, UK
Br J Surg 91:862-6. 2004..Both laparoscopic endobiliary stent placement with primary closure of the common bile duct (CBD) and primary closure of the CBD without drainage have been proposed as safe and effective alternatives to T tube placement...
- A novel laparoscopic approach to lesions related to the posterior aspect of the pancreatic headAlberto Martinez-Isla
Department of Upper Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Surgery, Ealing Hospital, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Am J Surg 197:e51-3. 2009..We describe here a safe and feasible laparoscopic method for access to and management of lesions related to the posterior aspect of the pancreatic head...
- A continuing role for surgical bypass in the palliative treatment of pancreatic carcinomaA M Isla
Department of Surgery, Royal Postgraduate Medical School of Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Dig Surg 17:143-6. 2000..The use of palliative surgery for irresectable pancreatic cancer has been challenged by the advent of non-operative stenting, but it may still be appropriate for selected patients...
- A technique for safe placement of a biliary endoprosthesis after laparoscopic choledochotomyA M Isla
Upper GI and Laparoscopic Unit, Ealing Hospital, Southall, Middlesex, London, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 12:207-11. 2002..Biliary endoprostheses have been, until now, placed under fluoroscopic guidance. We present a modification of Gersin's method for endoprosthesis placement under direct vision...
- Pancreas-sparing distal duodenectomy for infrapapillary neoplasmsD R C Spalding
Department of Surgery, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:130-5. 2007....