- Achieving hip fracture surgery within 36 hours: an investigation of risk factors to surgical delay and recommendations for practice
Level 1 Trauma Centre, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George St, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
J Orthop Traumatol 17:207-13. 2016
..We aimed to identify medical risk factors of surgical delay, and assess their impact on mortality...
- Resurfacing head size and femoral fracture: Are registry conclusions on head size justified?
MSK Lab, Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital, Fullham Palace Road, London, W6 8RF, UK
Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 25:1301-5. 2015
..We therefore asked whether the force required to induce a peri-prosthetic fracture: (1) was significantly lower when using smaller implants and (2) correlated to the size of implant used, when surgery was performed accurately...
- The gait of patients with one resurfacing and one replacement hip: a single blinded controlled study
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London, Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8RF, UK
Int Orthop 37:795-801. 2013
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy is effective in treating chronic plantar fasciitis: a meta-analysis of RCTs
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital, MSK Lab, 7th Floor, Lab Block, London, W68RF, UK
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:3645-52. 2013
..It may remain symptomatic despite conservative treatment with orthoses and analgesia. There is conflicting evidence concerning the role of extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) in the management of this condition...
- The Effect of Hip Arthroplasty on Osteoarthritic Gait: A Blinded, Prospective and Controlled Gait Study at Fast Walking Speeds
MSK Lab, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Arthroplasty 31:2337-41. 2016
..1) Are peak forces for the good legs outside the normal range? (2) Does arthroplasty protect contralateral limbs by reducing peak forces? and (3) Does arthroplasty result in a more symmetric and normal gait at fast walking speeds?..
- Validation of the 'FeMorph' software in planning cam osteochondroplasty by incorporating labral morphology
a MSk Lab, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin 19:67-73. 2016
..This has implications for surgical planning models which often only account for bony impingement. ..
- Does cam osteochondroplasty compromise proximal femur strength?
Imperial College School of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 228:1235-40. 2014
..Radical resections may significantly decrease the fracture-resistant properties of bone following osteochondroplasty which should be noted when planning such a procedure...
- Short uncemented stems allow greater femoral flexibility and may reduce peri-prosthetic fracture risk: a dry bone and cadaveric study
MSK Lab, 7th Floor, Lab Block, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8RF, UK
J Orthop Traumatol 16:229-35. 2015
..However, there has been little biomechanical examination of the effects of stem length on complications of surgery. This study aims to examine the effect of femoral stem length on torsional resistance to peri-prosthetic fracture...
- Birmingham Mid-Head Resection Periprosthetic Fracture
Department of Orthopaedics, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Clin Orthop Surg 7:402-5. 2015
..We have illustrated the surgical technique to manage this rare complication. ..
- Use of robotic technology in cam femoroacetabular impingement corrective surgery
MSK Lab, Imperial College London, Department of Orthopaedics, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Int J Med Robot 9:23-8. 2013
..This study assessed the application of robotic technology in the surgical management of cam FAI...
- Downhill walking gait pattern discriminates between types of knee arthroplasty: improved physiological knee functionality in UKA versus TKA
Anatole V Wiik
MSK Lab, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Charing Cross Hospital, Imperial College London, Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8RF, UK
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 23:1748-55. 2015
..To determine whether downhill walking gait pattern discriminates between different types of knee arthroplasty...