- Can a trained non-physician provider perform transrectal ultrasound-guided prostatic biopsies as effectively as an experienced urologist?Satoshi Hori
Department of Uro Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
BJU Int 111:739-44. 2013..In the largest series to date, we provide evidence that an adequately trained non-physician provider is able to perform TRUSP as effectively as an experienced urologist after an initial learning curve...
- Patients' perspective of botulinum toxin-A as a long-term treatment option for neurogenic detrusor overactivity secondary to spinal cord injurySatoshi Hori
Department of Neuro urology and Spinal Research Centre, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, Middlesex, UK
BJU Int 104:216-20. 2009..To evaluate patients' perspective on whether they would consider botulinum toxin-A (BTX-A) injections as a long-term treatment option for managing their neurogenic detrusor overactivity (NDO) secondary to spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Prostate cancer and diet: food for thought?Satoshi Hori
Department of Uro Oncology, University of Cambridge, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Cambridge, UK
BJU Int 107:1348-59. 2011..To date publications have been highly heterogeneous and variable in quality and design. More robust, high quality research trials are needed to help us understand the complex relationship between diet and prostate cancer...
- Patterns of complementary and alternative medicine use amongst outpatients in Tokyo, JapanSatoshi Hori
Department of Urology, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St, Edmunds, UK
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:14. 2008....
- Air cystoscopy - a 19th century technique in the 21st centurySatoshi Hori
Department of Urology, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:434-5. 2008
- Changing antibiotic prophylaxis for transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsies: are we putting our patients at risk?Satoshi Hori
Department of Urology, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, UK
BJU Int 106:1298-302; discussion 1302. 2010..To evaluate whether changing antibiotic prophylaxis from quinolone to penicillin antibiotics has affected infectious complication rates in those men undergoing transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy (TRUSgpb)...
- Long-term outcome of epididymectomy for the management of chronic epididymal painSatoshi Hori
Department of Urology, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
J Urol 182:1407-12. 2009..We evaluated the long-term outcomes of patients who underwent epididymectomy for the treatment of chronic epididymal pain...
- From prostate-specific antigen (PSA) to precursor PSA (proPSA) isoforms: a review of the emerging role of proPSAs in the detection and management of early prostate cancerSatoshi Hori
Department of Uro Oncology, University of Cambridge, Hutchison Medical Research Council Research Centre, Cambridge, UK Department of Urology, West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, UK
BJU Int 112:717-28. 2013..Further studies in the form of large, multicentre, prospective trials with detailed health economic analyses are required to evaluate the true clinical applicability of these novel markers. ..
- The need for rigid cystoscopy and resection of tumour (TURBT)Satoshi Hori
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:89; author reply 89. 2008
- Oral ciprofloxacin or trimethoprim reduces bacteriuria after flexible cystoscopySatoshi Hori
BJU Int 101:257. 2008
- Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusJohn M Boyce
Infectious Diseases Section, Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, CT, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 5:653-63. 2005