Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- Effects of prior polysaccharide vaccination on magnitude, duration, and quality of immune responses to and safety profile of a meningococcal serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccination in adultsJo Southern
Immunisation Department, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Ave, Colindale, London, United Kingdom
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:1100-4. 2004..The study shows that MCC-TT is safe and immunogenic in naive and previously MACP-vaccinated adults, though the magnitude and persistence of postvaccination SBA responses in the latter group were lower...
- Reactogenicity of meningococcal C conjugate vaccines when administered at the same time as, or a month prior to or after, tetanus and diphtheria booster vaccinationsJo Southern
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, UK
Hum Vaccin 2:237-42. 2006..This single blind study was conducted to address safety concerns regarding coadministration of diphtheria/ tetanus (DT,Td) boosters and meningococcal C conjugate (MCC) vaccines containing diphtheria or tetanus conjugate proteins...
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of combined acellular pertussis/tetanus/low dose diphtheria vaccines given as a booster to UK teenagersJo Southern
Immunisation Department, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, Colindale, London, UK
Vaccine 23:3829-35. 2005....
- Immunogenicity of one, two or three doses of a meningococcal C conjugate vaccine conjugated to tetanus toxoid, given as a three-dose primary vaccination course in UK infants at 2, 3 and 4 months of age with acellular pertussis-containing DTP/Hib vaccineJ Southern
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Vaccine 24:215-9. 2006..These results suggest that a reduced number of doses of MCC-TT would be adequate in infancy if given concomitantly with an acellular pertussis-containing vaccine...
- Immunogenicity of a fourth dose of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine and antibody persistence in young children from the United Kingdom who were primed with acellular or whole-cell pertussis component-containing Hib combinations in infJo Southern
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London NW9 5EQ, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1328-33. 2007..15 microg/ml in about 90% of individuals. A booster dose of Hib vaccine given after the first year of life should provide long-lasting protection...
- Immunogenicity of a reduced schedule of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in healthy infants and correlates of protection for serotype 6B in the United KingdomDavid Goldblatt
Immunobiology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:401-5. 2010..This study was conducted to establish the immunogenicity of licensed PCV (Prevenar) at a reduced, 2 priming dose schedule (2+1) and to evaluate functional responses in the context of vaccine effectiveness...
- Immunogenicity of a reduced schedule of meningococcal group C conjugate vaccine given concomitantly with the Prevenar and Pediacel vaccines in healthy infants in the United KingdomJo Southern
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London NW9 5EQ, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:194-9. 2009..This study demonstrates that NeisVac-C and Menjugate generate good immunogenicity after the first dose at 2 months of age when coadministered with PCV7 and Pediacel and merit further investigation in single-dose priming strategies...
- Safety of live attenuated influenza vaccine in young people with egg allergy: multicentre prospective cohort studyPaul J Turner
Section of Paediatrics, Imperial College London, London W2 1PG, UK Immunisation Hepatitis and Blood Safety Department, Public Health England, London, UK
BMJ 351:h6291. 2015..How safe is live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV), which contains egg protein, in young people with egg allergy?..
- Comparison and correlation of neisseria meningitidis serogroup B immunologic assay results and human antibody responses following three doses of the Norwegian meningococcal outer membrane vesicle vaccine MenBvacJamie Findlow
Vaccine Evaluation Unit, Health Protection Agency North West, Manchester Laboratory, Manchester Medical Microbiology Partnership, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 74:4557-65. 2006..These results emphasize the need for standardized methodologies that would allow a more robust comparison of assays between laboratories and promote their further evaluation as correlates of protection against MenB disease...
- Immunoglobulin G subclass response to a meningococcal quadrivalent polysaccharide-diphtheria toxoid conjugate vaccineHelen Findlow
Vaccine Evaluation Unit, Health Protection Agency North West, P O Box 209, Clinical Sciences Building, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, M13 9WZ, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 13:507-10. 2006..Further studies on IgG subclasses following meningococcal polysaccharide and conjugate vaccination are needed...
- Extensive swelling of the limb and systemic symptoms after a fourth dose of acellular pertussis containing vaccines in England in children aged 3-6yearsJo Southern
Immunisation Department, National Infection Service, Public Health England, 61 Colindale Ave, London NW9 5EQ, United Kingdom Electronic address
Vaccine . 2016..Parents should be informed about the possible occurrence of an ESL with the pre-school aP-containing booster vaccine but can be reassured that it is a benign and transient condition...
- Randomized Trial to Compare the Immunogenicity and Safety of a CRM or TT Conjugated Quadrivalent Meningococcal Vaccine in Teenagers who Received a CRM or TT Conjugated Serogroup C Vaccine at Preschool AgeDavid A Ishola
From the Department of Immunisation, Hepatitis and Blood Transfusion, Public Health England PHE, London, United Kingdom Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom Statistics, Modelling, and Economics Department, PHE London, United Kingdom Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Communicable Disease Centre, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore Vaccine Evaluation Unit, PHE, Manchester Medical Microbiology Partnership, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom and Microbiology Services, PHE, Porton Down, Salisbury, United Kingdom
Pediatr Infect Dis J 34:865-74. 2015..This study compared responses to a CRM-conjugated or tetanus toxoid (TT)-conjugated MenACWY vaccine in teenagers primed with different MCC vaccines at preschool age...
- Safety of live attenuated influenza vaccine in atopic children with egg allergyPaul J Turner
Section of Paediatrics Allergy and Immunology and MRC and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom Immunisation, Hepatitis and Blood Safety Department, Public Health England, London, United Kingdom Division of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 136:376-81. 2015..However, it contains egg protein and, in the absence of safety data, is contraindicated in patients with egg allergy. Furthermore, North American guidelines recommend against its use in asthmatic children...
- Immunogenicity and boosting after a reduced number of doses of a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in infants and toddlersDavid Goldblatt
Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:312-9. 2006..The minimum number of doses of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine required for protection is not known. We studied the immunogenicity of a reduced schedule in infants and toddlers...
- Antibody persistence and immunological memory at age 4 years after meningococcal group C conjugate vaccination in children in the United kingdomRay Borrow
Public Health Laboratory Service Meningococcal Reference Unit, Withington Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 186:1353-7. 2002..6; 95% CI, 338.0-2568.1). This is the first demonstration of immunological memory at 4 years of age in children receiving MCC vaccine on the United Kingdom's 2/3/4-month immunization schedule...