Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- Macaques infected long-term with attenuated simian immunodeficiency virus (SIVmac) remain resistant to wild-type challenge, despite declining cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses to an immunodominant epitopeSally A Sharpe
Health Protection Agency, Porton Down, Salisbury SP4 0JG, UK
J Gen Virol 85:2591-602. 2004....
- Heterologous prime-boost-boost immunisation of Chinese cynomolgus macaques using DNA and recombinant poxvirus vectors expressing HIV-1 virus-like particlesSimon H Bridge
Clinical Research Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, UK
Virol J 8:429. 2011....
- Mucosal immunization with PLGA-microencapsulated DNA primes a SIV-specific CTL response revealed by boosting with cognate recombinant modified vaccinia virus AnkaraSally Sharpe
Health Protection Agency, Porton Down, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 0JG, UK
Virology 313:13-21. 2003..Analysis of lymphoid tissues revealed a disseminated CTL response in peripheral and regional lymph nodes but not the spleen of both mucosally primed animals...
- Determination of lesion volume by MRI and stereology in a macaque model of tuberculosisS A Sharpe
Health Protection Agency, Centre for Emergency Preparedness and Response, Porton Down, Salisbury, SP4 0JG, UK
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 89:405-16. 2009....
- Establishment of an aerosol challenge model of tuberculosis in rhesus macaques and an evaluation of endpoints for vaccine testingS A Sharpe
Health Protection Agency, Centre for Emergency Preparedness and Response, Porton Down, Salisbury, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:1170-82. 2010..Therefore, the currently proposed key markers were not shown to correlate with protection, and only imaging offered a potentially reliable correlate...
- Single oral immunization with replication deficient recombinant adenovirus elicits long-lived transgene-specific cellular and humoral immune responsesSally Sharpe
Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research, Salisbury SP4 0JG, United Kingdom
Virology 293:210-6. 2002....
- Infection of macaques with simian immunodeficiency virus induces a species-specific antibody response to major histocompatibility complex class I and class II moleculesNatasha Polyanskaya
Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research, Porton Down, Salisbury SP4 0JG, UK
J Gen Virol 84:1671-6. 2003..In contrast to the species-specific response in infected animals, sera from animals vaccinated with inactivated human cell-grown SIV reacted to both human and rhesus MHC class I and class II molecules...
- Influenza A Virus Challenge Models in Cynomolgus Macaques Using the Authentic Inhaled Aerosol and Intra-Nasal Routes of InfectionAnthony C Marriott
National Infection Service, Public Health England, Porton Down, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 11:e0157887. 2016..These more authentic infection models will be valuable in the determination of anti-influenza efficacy of novel entities against less severe (and thus more common) influenza infections...
- Biodistribution and persistence of an MVA-vectored candidate HIV vaccine in SIV-infected rhesus macaques and SCID miceTomas Hanke
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, The John Radcliffe, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Vaccine 23:1507-14. 2005..Therefore, the MVA.HIVA vaccine is considered safe for application in phase I clinical trials in HIV-1-infected human subjects. These results also contribute to the confidence of using MVA as a smallpox vaccine...