A E Brown
Affiliation: Health Protection Agency
- Auditing National HIV Guidelines and Policies: The United Kingdom CD4 Surveillance SchemeAlison E Brown
Health Protection Agency, Colindale, 61 Colindale Avenue, London, NW9 5EQ, UK
Open AIDS J 6:149-55. 2012..These routine surveillance outputs can be generated at national and local levels to drive and monitor public health policy and prevention efforts...
- The impact of African ethnicity and migration on pregnancy in women living with HIV in the UK: design and methodsShema Tariq
School of Health Sciences, City University London, 20 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7QN, United Kingdom
BMC Public Health 12:596. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine pregnancy in African women living with HIV in the UK...
- Phylogenetic reconstruction of transmission events from individuals with acute HIV infection: toward more-rigorous epidemiological definitionsAlison E Brown
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, University College London, London, UK
J Infect Dis 199:427-31. 2009..Previous analyses may have incorrectly assigned transmission events to the acutely HIV infected when they were more likely to have occurred during chronic infection...
- Prevalence of markers for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C infection in UK military recruitsA E Brown
Health Protection Services, Health Protection Agency Colindale, London, UK
Epidemiol Infect 139:1166-71. 2011..Screening for these infections is an option that could be considered for those entering Services from high-prevalence countries...
- Monitoring the effectiveness of HIV and STI prevention initiatives in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland: where are we now?A E Brown
HIV and STI Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Sex Transm Infect 82:4-10. 2006..Prevention initiatives have seen recent successes in limiting further HIV/STI transmission. However, more work is required if current levels of transmission are to be reduced...
- Implications for HIV testing policy derived from combining data on voluntary confidential testing with viral sequences and serological analysesA E Brown
HIV STI Department, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, London, UK
Sex Transm Infect 85:4-9. 2009....
- Epidemiology of HIV in young people in England, Wales and Northern IrelandS Dougan
Health Protection Agency, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ
Commun Dis Public Health 7:15-23. 2004..However, with dramatic increases in chlamydia rates among young women over the past decade, and the highest rates of gonorrhoea and concurrent partnerships among young people, concern about the potential for HIV transmission remains...
- Recent trends in HIV and other STIs in the United Kingdom: data to the end of 2002A E Brown
HIV and STI Department, Health Protection Agency, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, UK
Sex Transm Infect 80:159-66. 2004....
- Epidemiology of HIV among black and minority ethnic men who have sex with men in England and WalesS Dougan
Department of HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, London, NW9 5EQ, UK
Sex Transm Infect 81:345-50. 2005..To examine the epidemiology of HIV among black and minority ethnic (BME) men who have sex with men (MSM) in England and Wales (E&W)...
- Is HIV incidence increasing in homo/bisexual men attending GUM clinics in England, Wales and Northern Ireland?G Murphy
Microbiology Division, Health Protection Agency, Central Public Health Laboratory, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5HT
Commun Dis Public Health 7:11-4. 2004..5% in 2002. Throughout the UK HIV incidence may have risen in homo/bisexual men attending GUM clinics...
- Quality of HIV care in the United Kingdom: key indicators for the first 12 months from HIV diagnosisV Delpech
HIV and STI Department, Centre for Infectious Disease Surveillance and Control, Public Health England, London, UK
HIV Med 14:19-24. 2013..Prompt HIV diagnosis and treatment are associated with increased longevity and reduced transmission. The aim of the study was to examine late diagnoses and to assess the quality of care following diagnosis...
- Black Caribbean adults with HIV in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland: an emerging epidemic?S Dougan
Health Protection Agency, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Sex Transm Infect 80:18-23. 2004..Continuing inward migration from the Caribbean and a high incidence of some bacterial STIs among Britain's black Caribbean communities, suggests a considerable potential for HIV spread...
- Travel for HIV care in England: a choice or a necessity?S Huntington
Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, London, UK
HIV Med 12:361-6. 2011....
- People with diagnosed HIV infection not attending for specialist clinical care: UK national reviewHilary Curtis
British HIV Association, c o Mediscript, 1 Mountview Court, 310 Friern Barnet Lane, London, N20 0LD, UK
BMC Infect Dis 15:315. 2015..Regular clinical care is important for the well-being of people with HIV. We sought to audit and describe the characteristics of adults with diagnosed HIV infection not reported to be attending for clinical care in the UK...
- HIV treatment as prevention among men who have sex with men in the UK: is transmission controlled by universal access to HIV treatment and care?A E Brown
HIV and STI Department, Public Health England, Centre for Infectious Disease Surveillance and Control, London, UK
HIV Med 14:563-70. 2013....
- Men who have sex with men: estimating the size of at-risk populations in London primary care trustsM Ruf
Department of Public Health, NHS Lambeth, London, UK
Int J STD AIDS 22:25-9. 2011..In light of data source limitations further validation studies are needed...
- Oral & maxillofacial servicesB Avery
Br Dent J 198:756. 2005
- HLA class I serotypes and cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses among human immunodeficiency virus-1-uninfected Thai volunteers immunized with ALVAC-HIV in combination with monomeric gp120 or oligomeric gp160 protein boostingR Paris
Department of Retrovirology, U S Army Medical Component, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
Tissue Antigens 64:251-6. 2004..These results strengthen the importance of assessing HLA class I distributions in conjunction with studies of vaccines designed to elicit cellular immunity in different populations...
- HIV viral load in Thai men and women with subtype E infectionsR Trichavaroj
Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 26:345-7. 2001..09 (0.88) log copies/ml. The concentration of RNA was directly related to the presence of AIDS-defining illnesses, inversely related to CD4 count, and independent of gender after adjustment for CD4 count...
- Suprafascial dissection of the radial forearm flap and donor site morbidityC M Avery
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, The Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 30:37-41. 2001..There were no cases of tendon exposure or delayed healing. The suprafascial dissection creates a superior graft recipient bed. When combined with the negative pressure wound dressing technique it ensured early and complete graft take...