- Aspergillus aortitis: a cause for aortic perforation in a patient following combined aortic valve surgery and liver transplantationRajesh Hanvesakul
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 3:544-6. 2004..This is the first case report illustrating a dormant phase of aspergillus fumigatus endocarditis that was activated following surgery and immunosuppression leading to aortitis and subsequent perforation...
- Calciphylaxis following kidney transplantation: a case reportRajesh Hanvesakul
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
J Med Case Reports 3:9297. 2009..He had previously had a total parathyroidectomy but had normal serum calcium-phosphate product and parathyroid hormone levels. The clinical outcome of this case was favorable and highlights some fundamental issues relating to management...
- A role for video assisted thoracoscopy in stable penetrating chest traumaR Hanvesakul
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS, UK
Emerg Med J 22:386-7. 2005
- Increased incidence of infections following the late introduction of mycophenolate mofetil in renal transplant recipientsRajesh Hanvesakul
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospital Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:4049-53. 2008..379, P = 0.039). There were no hospitalizations for infection pre-conversion and 6 patients (20%) were hospitalized post-conversion, for a total of 285 days (7-107)...
- Donor HLA-C genotype has a profound impact on the clinical outcome following liver transplantationR Hanvesakul
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, University Hospital Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Am J Transplant 8:1931-41. 2008..Modulation of HLA-C and KIR interactions represents an important novel approach to promote long-term graft and patient survival...
- KIR and HLA-C interactions promote differential dendritic cell maturation and is a major determinant of graft failure following kidney transplantationRaj Hanvesakul
Renal Institute of Birmingham, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e23631. 2011..We studied the clinical importance of HLA-C genotypes on the long-term graft survival of 760 kidney transplants performed at our centre utilising a population based genetic study and cell culture model to define putative mechanisms...