- The surgical management of complications of vulval lichen sclerosusMahalakshmi Gurumurthy
Clinical Research Fellow in Gynaecological Oncology, Ward 43, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill Road, Aberdeen AB25 2ZN, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 162:79-82. 2012..To review the surgical procedures used to treat the complications of vulval lichen sclerosus at a single tertiary referral institution in north-east Scotland over a ten year period...
- Is there an increase in the incidence of uterine carcinosarcoma in north-east Scotland? A 19 years population-based cohort studyM Gurumurthy
Gynaecological Oncology, Gynaecological Oncology Unit, University Hospital of Llandough, UK
Scott Med J 58:88-94. 2013..The incidence of uterine carcinosarcoma and factors associated with its survival are little known and this study helps to address this question for women residing in north-east Scotland...
- Management of vaginal intraepithelial neoplasiaMahalakshmi Gurumurthy
Department of Gynecology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J Low Genit Tract Dis 16:306-12. 2012..Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VaIN) accounts for 0.4% of the lower genital tract intraepithelial disease. Various treatments have been reported often as small case series or reports...
- Metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer and the use of gemcitabine during pregnancyM Gurumurthy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Arden Cancer Centre and Neonatal Unit, University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, UK
J Perinatol 29:63-5. 2009..This is the second reported case on the use of gemcitabine for lung cancer in human pregnancy...
- Case series of Zoon vulvitisMahalakshmi Gurumurthy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK
J Low Genit Tract Dis 14:56-8. 2010..This series highlights 1 case that was refractory to all modalities of treatment and hence had to be managed surgically, which has only been reported once before...
- An update on the management of uterine carcinosarcomaMahalakshmi Gurumurthy
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol Surv 66:710-6. 2011..In the future, the emergence of combination of chemotherapeutic agents with molecular-targeted agents may show promising results...