Jonathan J Gregory
- Effects of upper-limb immobilisation on driving safetyJ J Gregory
Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District General Hospital, Oswestry SY10 7AG, UK
Injury 40:253-6. 2009..Advice on ability to drive safely should be cautious, as the impact of immobilisation appears to be more subtle and wide ranging than previously thought...
- Five-year survival of nonagenerian patients undergoing total hip replacement in the United KingdomJ J Gregory
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:1227-30. 2010..It can be anticipated that almost half of the patients will survive five years after surgery...
- The treatment of periarticular soft tissue sarcoma following neo-adjuvant radiotherapy: a cohort studyCarl M Green
Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL, UK
World J Surg Oncol 13:515. 2015..This study assesses initial outcome and complications after treatment with neo-adjuvant radiotherapy and surgery for patients with periarticular STS...
- Comparison of Herbert and Acutrak screws in the treatment of scaphoid non-union and delayed unionJonathan J Gregory
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 0JE, United Kingdom
Acta Orthop Belg 74:761-5. 2008..There appears to be no difference in outcome for cases of scaphoid fracture delayed union and non-union treated with either the Herbert screw or the Acutrak screw...
- One-year outcome for elderly patients with displaced intracapsular fractures of the femoral neck managed non-operativelyJ J Gregory
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shropshire, UK
Injury 41:1273-6. 2010..However, in patients with life-threatening medical co-morbidity, non-operative treatment with early mobilisation can yield acceptable results...
- The outcome of locking plate fixation for the treatment of periarticular metastasesJonathan J Gregory
The Tumour Unit, The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 7AG, UK
Acta Orthop Belg 77:362-70. 2011..Locking plates were found to provide reliable fixation and excellent functional restoration in selected patients suffering from periarticular metastatic bone disease...
- Anatomic description of the distal tibia: implications for internal fixationAshique A Ali
Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Gobowen, Oswestry, United Kingdom
J Foot Ankle Surg 51:296-8. 2012..It showed that key anatomical structures are in very close proximity to the distal tibia, and this is important to consider when treating fractures in this region with internal fixation...
- Osteoid osteoma: can impedance levels in radiofrequency thermocoagulation predict recurrence?Matthew Ockendon
Department of Musculoskeletal Tumour Surgery, The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic and District Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 7AG, UK
Radiol Res Pract 2011:753502. 2011..In 5 procedures, no increase in impedance was seen (3 non-diaphyseal, 2 diaphyseal), and 1 recurrence has been seen in this group to date. This difference is statistically significant with a P value of .05...