Affiliation: Great Ormond Street
- Verbal and spatial analogical reasoning in deaf and hearing children: the role of grammar and vocabularyLindsey Edwards
Cochlear Implant Programme, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street, London, UK
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 16:189-97. 2011..The implications of these findings are discussed...
- Developmental delay and outcomes in paediatric cochlear implantation: implications for candidacyLindsey C Edwards
Cochlear Implant Programme, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, United Kingdom
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1593-600. 2006..The aim of this study is to explore the association between developmental delay in young paediatric cochlear implant candidates and progress with the device...
- Children with cochlear implants and complex needs: a review of outcome research and psychological practiceLindsey C Edwards
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, United Kingdom
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 12:258-68. 2007..A case example describing the psychological assessment of a deaf-blind child being considered for implantation is presented...
- Use of a revised children's implant profile (GOSHChIP) in candidacy for paediatric cochlear implantation and in predicting outcomeLindsey Edwards
Cochlear Implant Department, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Int J Audiol 48:554-60. 2009..The GOSHChIP is a useful tool in making paediatric cochlear implant candidacy decisions, and in forming a guide for counselling parents about the potential benefit their child may receive from an implant...
- Exploration of the cognitive and behavioural consequences of paediatric cochlear implantationLindsey Edwards
Cochlear Implant Programme, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Cochlear Implants Int 7:61-76. 2006..There was also evidence for a reduction in internalizing behaviour problems. The results are discussed in the context of previous research, clinical and theoretical perspectives...
- Candidacy and the Children's Implant Profile: is our selection appropriate?Lindsey C Edwards
Cochlear Implant Programme, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Int J Audiol 42:426-31. 2003..These concerns were also significantly predictive of receptive language ability and speech intelligibility ratings 3 years after implantation...
- The cognition and behaviour of children with cochlear implants, children with hearing aids and their hearing peers: a comparisonSonya Khan
Great Ormond Street Children s Hospital, London, UK
Audiol Neurootol 10:117-26. 2005..There were no differences between any groups on the CBCL. It was concluded that hearing impaired children with cochlear implants were able to perform at the same non-verbal cognitive level as hearing children...
- Deafness-related self-perceptions and psychological well-being in deaf adolescents with cochlear implantsJennifer Mance
Nuffield Hearing and Speech Centre, Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, London, UK
Cochlear Implants Int 13:93-104. 2012..This study aimed to examine the relationship between psychological well-being and self-perception in adolescents with cochlear implants, in relation to their perceptions of hearing, deaf signing, and orally communicating deaf peers...
- The mathematical abilities of children with cochlear implantsAlexandra Edwards
Psychosocial and Family Services, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Child Neuropsychol 19:127-42. 2013..The clinical implications of these results and possible future research results are considered...
- Quality of life in children and adolescents with cochlear implants and additional needsLindsey Edwards
Cochlear Implant Programme, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 76:851-7. 2012..It compared the quality of life of implanted children with additional needs (e.g. physical or learning difficulties), with implanted children without such needs...
- The contribution of short-term memory capacity to reading ability in adolescents with cochlear implantsLindsey Edwards
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust, Great Ormond Street, London, WC1N 3JH, UK Electronic address
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 90:37-42. 2016..This study aimed to establish the relationship between short-term memory capacity and reading skills in adolescents with cochlear implants...