- The perfect diabetes reviewPaul Grant
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Prim Care Diabetes 4:69-72. 2010....
- Ethical lessons from the 'undercover nurse': implications for practice and leadershipPaul Grant
Brighton Business School, University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb Campus, Brighton, East Sussex, UK
J Med Ethics 36:469-72. 2010..Margaret Haywood was, however, struck off the nursing register for breaching confidentiality and because of the methods she used to blow the whistle...
- Maximizing the accuracy of Inferior petrosal sinus sampling: validation of the use of Prolactin as a marker of pituitary venous effluent in the diagnosis of Cushing's diseasePaul Grant
Department of Endocrinology, Kings College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:555-9. 2012....
- When to suspect 'funny' diabetesPaul Grant
Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, UK
Clin Med 14:663-6. 2014..Key to these suspicions are taking a clear history of the development of the diabetes and being aware of the family history. ..
- The impact of anxiety and depression on patients within a large type 1 diabetes insulin pump population. An observational studyP Grant
Department of Diabetes, Maidstone Hospital, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8QQ, United Kingdom Department of Diabetes, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals Trust, Maidstone, United Kingdom Electronic address
Diabetes Metab 39:439-44. 2013..We aimed to assess the extent and spectrum of psychological illness in a population of pump patients...
- Erectile dysfunction in general medicinePaul Grant
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals Trust, UK
Clin Med 13:136-40. 2013..This article provides an overview of the aetiology, assessment and importance of ED and hopes to promote its consideration in day-to-day clinical practice...
- Management of diabetes in resource-poor settingsPaul Grant
Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, UK
Clin Med 13:27-31. 2013....
- The role of the medical registrarPaul Grant
King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London
Clin Med 12:12-3. 2012..The Medical Workforce Unit at the Royal College of Physicians is launching an initiative, part funded by the Department of Health, to answer this difficult question...
- "The people not the policy": quality improvement, junior doctors, and cultural changePaul Grant
St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, England
Qual Manag Health Care 20:168-75. 2011..This project looks at a quality improvement and patient safety program and critically asks the question of whether it is flawed because of failure to address issues surrounding doctors and cultural change...
- Psychological and quality of life changes in patients using GLP-1 analoguesPaul Grant
Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road, Brighton, 01273 696955 BN2 5BE, United Kingdom
J Diabetes Complications 25:244-6. 2011....
- 'The tubercular diabetic': the impact of diabetes mellitus on tuberculosis and its threat to global tuberculosis controlSarah Lou Bailey
Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Brighton
Clin Med 11:344-7. 2011..The dual management of the diseases may be challenging but must be addressed, both in low and high income settings, because the rising worldwide diabetes burden poses a threat to global TB control...
- A new approach to diabetic control: fuzzy logic and insulin pump technologyPaul Grant
Department of Medicine, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Med Eng Phys 29:824-7. 2007..This paper builds on our previous work [Grant P, Naesh, O. Fuzzy logic and decision-making in anaesthetics. J Roy Soc Med 2005;98(1):7-9 [review]]...
- What is the best way of assessing neurocognitive dysfunction in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism?Paul Grant
Diabetes and Endocrine Day Centre P G, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, United Kingdom and Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology A V, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton BN2 5BE, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:49-55. 2014..This may well relate to the duration and the degree of hypercalcemia, evidence of end-organ effects, and whether clear symptoms may or may not be attributable to the underlying condition...
- The bariatric physicianPaul Grant
St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Clin Med 14:30-3. 2014..In this article, we discuss the role of this specialist - the bariatric physician. ..