- Drug misuse: a review of treatmentsClare Gerada
RCGP Drugs Training Programme, Hurley Clinic, London
Clin Med 5:69-73. 2005..Newer treatments, such as buprenorphine- and naltrexone-assisted detoxification have a growing research base. This article provides a brief overview of treatments options and the impact of drug use on social and medical care services...
- The prescribing of methadone and other opioids to addicts: national survey of GPs in England and WalesJohn Strang
National Addiction Centre NAC, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London and The Maudsley
Br J Gen Pract 55:444-51. 2005..GPs occupy a pivotal position in relation to providing services to opiate misusers in the UK, and this is now cited to support initiatives in other countries...
- Random drug testing in schoolsClare Gerada
Br J Gen Pract 55:499-501. 2005
- What difference does training make? A randomized trial with waiting-list control of general practitioners seeking advanced training in drug misuseJohn Strang
National Addiction Centre, Institute of Psychiatry and the Maudsley, King s College London, London, UK
Addiction 102:1637-47. 2007..To measure changes in knowledge, attitudes and clinical practice of general practitioners (GPs) enrolled to receive training in the management of drug misusers...
- Offer detoxification as a treatment option for opioid misuseClare Gerada
NICE Guideline Development Group on Detoxification
Practitioner 251:51, 54, 56 passim. 2007