S J Gallacher
- Impact of treatments for postmenopausal osteoporosis (bisphosphonates, parathyroid hormone, strontium ranelate, and denosumab) on bone quality: a systematic reviewS J Gallacher
Southern General Hospital, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 4TF, UK
Calcif Tissue Int 87:469-84. 2010..Post-PTH treatment with bisphosphonates will maintain improvements in bone quality and reduce the risk of fracture...
- DXA body composition studies are not affected by extracellular water measurements using stable sodium bromide dilutionW S Watson
Nuclear Medicine Department, South Glasgow University Hospitals NHS Trust, Scotland, UK
Physiol Meas 21:541-7. 2000..This showed that when 3 g NaBr was introduced into the body, the effect on fat mass estimates was expected to be marginally less than the precision of the DXA technique...
- Prevalence of vitamin D inadequacy in Scottish adults with non-vertebral fragility fracturesS J Gallacher
Medical Unit, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1355-61. 2005....
- Peri-prosthetic bone mineral density after total knee arthroplasty. Cemented versus cementless fixationR B Abu-Rajab
Orthopaedic Department, Diabetes Centre, Southern General Hospital, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 4TF, Scotland, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:606-13. 2006..However, both produce stress-shielding around the femoral implants. This leads us to question the use of more expensive cementless total knee components...
- The prevalence of vertebral fracture amongst patients presenting with non-vertebral fracturesS J Gallacher
Medical Unit, Southern General Hospital, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 4TF, UK
Osteoporos Int 18:185-92. 2007..A study was therefore conducted to determine the proportion of patients presenting with a non-vertebral fracture who also have an unrecognised vertebral fracture...