I M Davies
Affiliation: Fisheries Research Services
- QUASIMEME laboratory performance study of the biological effects of tributyltin (imposex and intersex) on two marine gastropod molluscsI M Davies
FRS Marine Laboratory, PO Box 101, Victoria Road, Torry, Aberdeen, UK AB11 9DB
J Environ Monit 1:233-8. 1999..41). The laboratories could determine the sex of Littorina reliably and only one laboratory reported data significantly different from the reference laboratory. All except two laboratories reported satisfactory data for ISI...
- Glutathione S-transferase activity in mussels, Mytilus edulis, exposed to discharges from an aluminum smelterB T G Gowland
University of Aberdeen, Zoology Department, Tillydrone Avenue, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB24 2TZ, United Kingdom
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 69:147-54. 2002
- Kinetics of the development of imposex in transplanted adult dogwhelks, Nucella lapillusI M Davies
FRS Marine Laboratory, PO Box 101, Victoria Road, Torry, Aberdeen AB11 9DB, UK
Environ Pollut 107:445-9. 2000..Transplanted dogwhelks will not rapidly attain equilibrium with environmental conditions. Experiments will require careful control of exposure period, and preferable supporting chemical data...
- Imposex measurement in the dogwhelk Nucella lapillus (L.)--temporal aspects of specimen preparationA Minchin
FRS Marine Laboratory, PO Box 101, Victoria Road, Torry, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB
J Environ Monit 1:239-41. 1999..The error is proportionally greater at low RPSI values. To retain comparability with previous data, it is suggested that dogwhelks should be examined as soon as possible after shell crushing...
- Effect of freezing on the length of the penis in Nucella lapillus (L.)A Minchin
FRS Marine Laboratory, PO Box 101, Victoria Road, Aberdeen, UK AB11 9DB
J Environ Monit 1:203-5. 1999..In the population studied, this had no significant effect on the RPSI, but was potentially an important source of additional variance in the estimation of the mean penis length...
- Biliary PAH metabolites and EROD activity in flounder (Platichthys flesus) from a contaminated estuarine environmentD M Richardson
FRS Marine Laboratory, Aberdeen, UK
J Environ Monit 3:610-5. 2001..Biliary PAH metabolites were shown to better reflect local contamination gradients than EROD activity. This is explained by the relative response times of the two biomarkers and local movements of the flounder in the estuary...
- Implications from a field study regarding the relationship between polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and glutathione S-transferase activity in musselsB T G Gowlan
FRS Marine Laboratory, Aberdeen, UK
Mar Environ Res 54:231-5. 2002..It is proposed that it may be more appropriate to link GST activity with 5- and 6-ring compounds only, rather than with the total PAH burden...
- Spatial and temporal distribution of Lepeophtheirus salmonis (Krøyer) larvae in a sea loch containing Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., farms on the north-west coast of ScotlandM J Penston
Fisheries Research Services Marine Laboratory, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Fish Dis 31:361-71. 2008..The distribution of copepodids was more widespread than that of nauplii, indicating that the larvae can be transported several kilometres from the point of release...
- Sediment influence on congener-specific PCB bioaccumulation by Mytilus edulis: a case study from an intertidal hot spot, Clyde Estuary, UKP J Edgar
School of Engineering and Science University of Paisley, High Street, Paisley, UKPA1 2BE
J Environ Monit 8:887-96. 2006..Overall bioavailability is determined by sediment TOC...