- Idiopathic restrictive cardiomyopathy in children is caused by mutations in cardiac sarcomere protein genesJ P Kaski
Inherited Cardiovascular Diseases Unit, Cardiac Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Heart 94:1478-84. 2008..Restrictive cardiomyopathy (RCM) is rare in childhood, but has a grave prognosis. The cause of disease in most cases is unknown...
- Investigation and treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyPerry Elliott
The Heart Hospital, University College, London
Clin Med (Lond) 7:383-7. 2007..Genetic counselling and clinical risk stratification are relevant for all patients. Subsets of patients require septal alcohol ablation, septal myectomy and implantable cardioverter defibrillators...
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a 50th anniversary. PrefacePerry Elliott
The Heart Hospital, 16 18 Westmoreland Street, London W1G 8PH, UK
Heart 94:1247-8. 2008
- Prevention of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy-related deaths: theory and practiceP Elliott
The Heart Hospital, London, UK
Heart 94:1269-75. 2008..In this paper, we review the underlying mechanisms of death and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of current international guidelines for the identification and treatment of high-risk patients...
- The relation of ventricular arrhythmia electrophysiological characteristics to cardiac phenotype and circadian patterns in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyConstantinos O'Mahony
Inherited Cardiac Diseases Unit, The Heart Hospital University College London, 16 18 Westmoreland Street, London W1G 8PH, UK
Europace 14:724-33. 2012....
- Long-term outcomes in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by mutations in the cardiac troponin T geneFerdinando Pasquale
Heart Hospital, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:10-7. 2012..However, previous studies are limited by sample size, cross-sectional design, and few data in relatives...
- Sudden death in athletesVimal Patel
The Heart Hospital, University College London
Clin Med (Lond) 12:253-6. 2012..This article will review the aetiology of sudden cardiac death and will present the evidence for pre-participation screening...
- The structural effects of mutations can aid in differential phenotype prediction of beta-myosin heavy chain (Myosin-7) missense variantsNouf S Al-Numair
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, Division of Biosciences, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Bioinformatics 32:2947-55. 2016....
- B Embryogenesis of Ventricular Myocardial Trabeculae - Novel Insights from Episcopic 3D Imaging and Fractal Analysis of Wild-type and Notch MIB1 Noncompaction Mouse ModelsGabriella Captur
Institute of Cardiovascular Science, University College London, London, UKThe Inherited Cardiovascular Diseases Unit and Cardiac Imaging Department, The Heart Hospital, London, UK
Heart 100:A125-8. 2014....
- The long-term survival and the risks and benefits of implantable cardioverter defibrillators in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyConstantinos O'Mahony
The Heart Hospital, 16 18 Westmoreland Street, London, UK
Heart 98:116-25. 2012....
- Prevalence of Anderson-Fabry disease in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: the European Anderson-Fabry Disease surveyPerry Elliott
he Heart Hospital, University College London, London, UK
Heart 97:1957-60. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of AFD in a large, consecutive cohort of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) using rapid mutation screening...
- Beyond sudden death in the athlete: how to identify family members at riskGiovanni Quarta
The Heart Hospital, 16 18 Westmoreland Street, London W1G 8PH, UK
Br J Sports Med 45:189-92. 2011..We show that a systematic approach to the clinical evaluation of relatives of sudden death victims has a high yield in the identification of other affected family members and may prevent further catastrophic events in the same family...
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathyPerry Elliott
University College London, London, UK
Lancet 363:1881-91. 2004..We review the management of patients with unexplained myocardial hypertrophy, considering the influence of underlying genetic and pathophysiological substrates on clinical decision-making...
- Role of invasive EP testing in the evaluation and management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyElijah R Behr
Cardiological Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Tooting, London, UK
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:482-6. 2002..Appropriate management may then involve radiofrequency ablation. A permanent pacemaker will be required if the atrio-ventricular node is ablated...
- Uptake of chlorination disinfection by-products; a review and a discussion of its implications for exposure assessment in epidemiological studiesM J Nieuwenhuijsen
The TH Huxley School of Environmental, Earth Sciences and Engineering, Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 10:586-99. 2000..Recommendations are made for further areas of study...
- Current knowledge and recent developments in consumer exposure assessment of pesticides: a UK perspectiveH Ferrier
Department of Environmental Science and Technology EMMA, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Royal School of Mines, Prince Consort Road, London, SW7 2BP, UK
Food Addit Contam 19:837-52. 2002..Communicating results to both risk managers and consumers will be a considerable challenge...
- Prevalence and clinical significance of cardiovascular abnormalities in patients with the LEOPARD syndromeGiuseppe Limongelli
Second University of Naples, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Am J Cardiol 100:736-41. 2007..Long-term prognosis was benign, but the occurrence of 4 fatal events in patients with LV hypertrophy indicates that such patients require careful risk assessment and, in some cases, consideration for prophylaxis against sudden death...
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction and sudden death in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyPerry Elliott
Eur Heart J 27:3073; author reply 3073-4. 2006
- Mutations in Cypher/ZASP in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and left ventricular non-compactionMatteo Vatta
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:2014-27. 2003..We evaluated the role of Cypher/ZASP in the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) with or without isolated non-compaction of the left ventricular myocardium (INLVM)...
- Idiopathic restrictive cardiomyopathy is part of the clinical expression of cardiac troponin I mutationsJens Mogensen
Department of Cardiological Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, Tooting, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 111:209-16. 2003..All mutations appeared in conserved and functionally important domains of the gene. This article was published online in advance of the print edition. The date of publication is available from the JCI website, http://www.jci.org...
- Relevance of platelet activation in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathyPerry Elliott
Heart 94:688-9. 2008