- Psychosocial risk factors in home and community settings and their associations with population health and health inequalities: a systematic meta-reviewMatt Egan
Medical Research Council Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, 4 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow, G128RZ, UK
BMC Public Health 8:239. 2008..We have conducted a meta-review (a review of reviews) exploring how psychosocial factors may relate to population health in home and community settings...
- Smoking and intention to quit in deprived areas of Glasgow: is it related to housing improvements and neighbourhood regeneration because of improved mental health?Lyndal Bond
Evaluating the Health Effects of Social Interventions, MRC CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, 4 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G128RZ, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 67:299-304. 2013....
- Health effects of neighborhood demolition and housing improvement: a prospective controlled study of 2 natural experiments in urban renewalMatt Egan
Medical Research Council Chief Scientist Office, Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, UK
Am J Public Health 103:e47-53. 2013..We took advantage of a 2-intervention natural experiment to investigate the impacts of neighborhood demolition and housing improvement on adult residents' mental and physical health...
- Is concern about young people's anti-social behaviour associated with poor health? Cross-sectional evidence from residents of deprived urban neighbourhoodsMatt Egan
Medical Research Council Chief Scientist Office Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Glasgow, UK
BMC Public Health 12:217. 2012..We ask whether perceptions of young people's ASB are associated with poor health; and whether health, demographic and (psycho)social characteristics can help explain why PASB varies within disadvantaged neighbourhoods (Glasgow, UK)...
- Exploring the relationships between housing, neighbourhoods and mental wellbeing for residents of deprived areasLyndal Bond
MRC CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, 4 Lilybank Gardens, G128RZ Glasgow, Scotland, UK
BMC Public Health 12:48. 2012..This study examined the relationship between the positive mental wellbeing of residents living in deprived areas and their perceptions of their housing and neighbourhoods...
- How do systematic reviews incorporate risk of bias assessments into the synthesis of evidence? A methodological studySrinivasa Vittal Katikireddi
Evaluation of Social Interventions Programme, MRC CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 69:189-95. 2015..This study examines if and how critical appraisals inform the synthesis and interpretation of evidence in SRs...
- The psychosocial and health effects of workplace reorganisation. 1. A systematic review of organisational-level interventions that aim to increase employee controlMatt Egan
Medical Research Council Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, 4 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G128RZ, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:945-54. 2007..Systematic review of the health and psychosocial effects of increasing employee participation and control through workplace reorganisation, with reference to the "demand-control-support" model of workplace health...
- Protocol for a mixed methods study investigating the impact of investment in housing, regeneration and neighbourhood renewal on the health and wellbeing of residents: the GoWell programmeMatt Egan
Medical Research Council Chief Scientist Office Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, 4 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:41. 2010..The GoWell Programme has been designed to measure effects on health and wellbeing of multi-faceted regeneration interventions on residents of disadvantaged neighbourhoods in the city of Glasgow, Scotland...
- Considering methodological options for reviews of theory: illustrated by a review of theories linking income and healthMhairi Campbell
MRC CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Syst Rev 3:114. 2014..We recently employed systematic review methods in a review of theories about the causal relationship between income and health...