Affiliation: Education for Health
- Anti-IgE for chronic asthma in adults and childrenS Walker
National Respiratory Training Centre, The Athenaeum, 10 Church Street, Warwick, UK, CV34 4AB
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2006..Omalizumab is directed against the binding site of IgE for its high affinity Fc receptor. It prevents free serum IgE from attaching to mast cells and other effector cells and prevents IgE mediated inflammatory changes...
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis is associated with a detrimental effect on examination performance in United Kingdom teenagers: case-control studySamantha Walker
Education for Health, Warwick, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:381-7. 2007..Seasonal allergic rhinitis is common globally, and symptoms have been shown to impair learning ability in children in laboratory conditions. Critical examinations in children are often held in the summer during the peak grass pollen season...
- Shared decision making or paternalism in nursing consultations? A qualitative study of primary care asthma nurses' views on sharing decisions with patients regarding inhaler device selectionJane Upton
Research Fellow, Education for Health, Warwick, England
Health Expect 14:374-82. 2011..Although patients with asthma would like more involvement in the decision-making process, and UK government policy concerning chronic conditions supports shared decision making, it is not widely used in practice...
- The standardized and mini versions of the PAQLQ are valid, reliable, and responsive measurement toolsAnnie Wing
Education for Health, The Athenaeum, 10 Church Street, Warwick CV34 4AB, Warwickshire, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 65:643-50. 2012..Here we assess the validity, reliability and responsiveness of two new simpler versions of this questionnaire: the Standardised PAQLQ and the MiniPAQLQ...
- Assessment of psychosocial problems in primary care COPD patientsJane Upton
Education for Health, Warwick, UK
Br J Nurs 19:554-7. 2010....
- What provokes experienced COPD clinical practitioners in the UK to initiate or change medication? A consensus studyJane Upton
Education for Health, Warwick, Warwickshire, UK
Prim Care Respir J 20:155-60, 2 p following 160. 2011....
- Allergies in childrenSamantha Walker
Education for Health, Warwick
J Fam Health Care 20:24-6. 2010..Avoidance plays a part in management. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency and recent guidelines recommend early use of epinephrine in patient with a severe allergic-type reaction...
- Assessment of key influences on asthma inhaler device selectionHazel Madoc-Sutton
Education for Health, Warwick
Nurs Stand 23:35-41. 2009..To identify factors that influenced trained asthma practice nurses' inhaler device selection and the relative importance they placed on these factors in clinical practice...
- National survey on the roles and training of primary care respiratory nurses in the UK in 2006: are we making progress?Jane Upton
Research Project Manager, Education for Health, 10 Church Street, Warwick, CV34 4AB, UK
Prim Care Respir J 16:284-90. 2007..To describe nurse-led UK general practice asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) care, and the training undertaken to support it...
- Self reported rhinitis is a significant problem for patients with asthmaSamantha Walker
National Respiratory Training Centre, The Athenaeum, 10 Church Street, Warwick, CV34 4AB UK
Prim Care Respir J 14:83-7. 2005..The aim of this baseline audit was to investigate the prevalence and characteristics of rhinitis symptoms in a large-scale UK primary care-based survey of patients with asthma...
- Asthma action plans in action; nurses' roles in promoting self-managementSamantha Walker
Prim Care Respir J 16:269-70. 2007
- Diagnosing allergy in primary care: are the history and clinical examination sufficient?Samantha Walker
Prim Care Respir J 15:219-21. 2006
- Should UK allergy services focus on primary care?Mark L Levy
BMJ 332:1347-8. 2006
- International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG) Guidelines: management of allergic rhinitisDavid Price
Department of General Practice, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill Health Centre, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB25 2AY, UK
Prim Care Respir J 15:58-70. 2006....
- Management of allergic rhinitisSamantha Walker
National Respiratory Training Centre, Warwick
Nurs Times 99:60-1. 2003..Viral or bacterial infection is the commonest acute cause of symptoms and is usually self-limiting...
- RhinitisSamantha Walker
National Respiratory Training Centre, 10 Church Street, Warwick
BMJ 324:403. 2002