- Initial interaction of rotavirus strains with N-acetylneuraminic (sialic) acid residues on the cell surface correlates with VP4 genotype, not species of originMax Ciarlet
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Virol 76:4087-95. 2002....
- Rotavirus types in Europe and their significance for vaccinationUlrich Desselberger
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:S30-41. 2006..A case is made for comprehensive surveillance of cocirculating human rotavirus types in Europe after the implementation of rotavirus vaccination...
- Intussusception among young children in EuropeHans Iko Huppertz
Prof Hess Kinderklinik, Bremen, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:S22-9. 2006....
- Nosocomial rotavirus infection in European countries: a review of the epidemiology, severity and economic burden of hospital-acquired rotavirus diseaseOlivier Gleizes
Smart Pharma Consulting, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:S12-21. 2006....
- RotaTeq (sanofi pasteur/Wistar Institute/Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)Ulrich Desselberger
UMR 2472 Virologie Moléculaire et Structurale, CNRS, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 6:199-208. 2005..Phase III trials had commenced by March 2001...
- Seroepidemiology of group C rotavirus infection in England and WalesMiren Iturriza-Gomara
Enteric Virus Unit, Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Health Protection Agency, London
Eur J Epidemiol 19:589-95. 2004..These results may suggest transmission from animals to humans, however further work is required to identify the reservoir of group C rotavirus for human infection...
- Characterization of G10P rotaviruses causing acute gastroenteritis in neonates and infants in Vellore, IndiaMiren Iturriza Gomara
Enteric Virus Unit, Enteric Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Ave, London NW9 5HT, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 42:2541-7. 2004..No significant differences were seen in the sequences obtained from strains infecting symptomatic neonates or children and asymptomatic neonates...
- Evidence for genetic linkage between the gene segments encoding NSP4 and VP6 proteins in common and reassortant human rotavirus strainsMiren Iturriza-Gomara
Enteric Virus Unit, Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 41:3566-73. 2003..The NSP4-VP6 association may be structurally determined during rotavirus replication (morphogenesis)...
- Rotavirus subgroup characterisation by restriction endonuclease digestion of a cDNA fragment of the VP6 geneMiren Iturriza Gomara
Clinical Microbiology and Public Health Laboratory, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB22QW, UK
J Virol Methods 105:99-103. 2002..The results obtained by RFLP correlated well with the VP6 genogrouping results, providing a more reliable method for subgrouping of rotaviruses than ELISAs using subgroup-specific antibodies...
- Molecular characterization of VP6 genes of human rotavirus isolates: correlation of genogroups with subgroups and evidence of independent segregationMiren Iturriza Gomara
Clinical Microbiology and Public Health Laboratory, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QW, United Kingdom
J Virol 76:6596-601. 2002..Molecular characterization of the SG-defining region of VP6 provided evidence for independent segregation of the rotavirus genes encoding VP4, VP6, and VP7...
- Impaired hyperphosphorylation of rotavirus NSP5 in cells depleted of casein kinase 1alpha is associated with the formation of viroplasms with altered morphology and a moderate decrease in virus replicationMichela Campagna
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, 34011 Trieste, Italy
J Gen Virol 88:2800-10. 2007..These data show that CK1alpha is the kinase that phosphorylates NSP5 in virus-infected cells and contribute to further understanding of the role of NSP5 in RV infection...