G A Potter
Affiliation: De Montfort University
- Antiproliferative and cytostatic effects of the natural product eupatorin on MDA-MB-468 human breast cancer cells due to CYP1-mediated metabolismVasilis Androutsopoulos
Leicester School of Pharmacy, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, UK
Breast Cancer Res 10:R39. 2008..In this study, we aimed to identify a possible mechanism of action for the antiproliferative effect of eupatorin, which can be attributed to CYP1 family-mediated metabolism...
- The cancer preventative agent resveratrol is converted to the anticancer agent piceatannol by the cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP1B1G A Potter
Cancer Drug Discovery Group, School of Pharmacy, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester LE1 9BH, UK
Br J Cancer 86:774-8. 2002..Importantly this result gives insight into the functional role of CYP1B1 and provides evidence for the concept that CYP1B1 in tumours may be functioning as a growth suppressor enzyme...
- Non-haematological solid tumours as surrogate granulocytes: a possible mechanism for metastatic spreadP C Butler
Cancer Drug Discovery Group, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
Med Hypotheses 56:625-8. 2001....
- Pharmacokinetics in mice and growth-inhibitory properties of the putative cancer chemopreventive agent resveratrol and the synthetic analogue trans 3,4,5,4'-tetramethoxystilbeneS Sale
Department of Oncology, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Br J Cancer 90:736-44. 2004....
- Effects of the potential chemopreventive agent DMU-135 on adenoma development in the ApcMin+ mouseS Sale
Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, Department of Cancer Studies, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Invest New Drugs 24:459-64. 2006..DMU-135 was well tolerated, induced no systemic side-effects and reduced adenoma multiplicity by 46 +/- 18.3% compared to controls (p < 0.001). Further characterisation of this promising chemopreventive agent is required...