N C Collins
- End-of-life care in the intensive care unit: the Irish Ethicus dataNiamh Collins
University College Hospital Galway, Ireland
Crit Care Resusc 8:315-20. 2006..To study the frequency, rationale and process for withholding (WH) and withdrawing (WD) life-sustaining therapies in intensive care patients in Ireland...
- Are boys and girls that different? An analysis of traumatic brain injury in childrenNiamh C Collins
Department of Emergency Medicine, Connolly Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Emerg Med J 30:675-8. 2013..This study determined when gender differences emerge and examined the effect of gender on the mechanism of injury, injury type and severity and outcome...
- The NEXUS criteria: do they stand the test of time?Niamh C Collins
Department of Emergency Medicine, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Emerg Med 20:58-60. 2013..Despite previous validation studies of the NEXUS criteria in the elderly population, we would urge caution in using the NEXUS criteria alone in determining radiography of the C-spine in the elderly...
- Is ice right? Does cryotherapy improve outcome for acute soft tissue injury?N C Collins
Department of Emergency Medicine, University Hospital Galway, Newcastle Road, Galway, Ireland
Emerg Med J 25:65-8. 2008..This review was conducted to examine the medical literature to investigate if there is evidence to support an improvement in clinical outcome following the use of ice or cryotherapy...
- The impact of a contaminated city water supply on an emergency departmentN C Collins
Department of Emergency Medicine, Galway University Hospital, Newcastle Road, Galway
Ir Med J 101:78-9. 2008..7% +/- 7%) had a residential address in the affected area. Difficulty exists in the early identification of new outbreaks and many of the affected patients are not detected using routine surveillance or current capture methods...