Affiliation: City University
- The effect of pre-operative psychological interventions on post-operative outcomes in Chinese women having an elective hysterectomyPatrick Callaghan
Department of mental Health and Learning Diasability Nursing, City University, London, UK
Br J Health Psychol 7:247-52. 2002..To test the effect of cognitive interventions with information given pre-operatively on post-operative outcomes in Chinese women undergoing elective hysterectomies...
- Exercise: a neglected intervention in mental health care?P Callaghan
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disability, City University, London E1 2EA, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 11:476-83. 2004..There is evidence to suggest that exercise may be a neglected intervention in mental health care...
- Factors related to stress and coping among Chinese nurses in Hong KongP Callaghan
Research Fellow, Department of Mental Health and Learning Disability Nursing, City University, London, England
J Adv Nurs 31:1518-27. 2000..There was a statistically significant link between the respondents' stress and sickness levels. The results raise issues about the nature of nurses' working experiences...
- A review of research on the structure, process and outcome of liaison mental health servicesP Callaghan
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disability, City University, Philpot Street, London E1 2EA, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 10:155-65. 2003..There is little evidence supporting one model of configuring LMHS over another...
- Characteristics of an Accident and Emergency liaison mental health service in East LondonP Callaghan
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disability Nursing, City University, London, UK
J Adv Nurs 35:812-8. 2001..To analyse the work of a liaison mental health service at the Accident and Emergency (A & E) department of a hospital in East London...
- The effect of videotaped or written information on Chinese gastroscopy patients' clinical outcomesP Callaghan
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disability Nursing, City University, Philpot Street, E1 2EA, London, UK
Patient Educ Couns 42:225-30. 2001..The researchers conclude that information may have little effect on Chinese gastroscopy patients' outcomes, irrespective of the method of providing it. Education and age may influence patients' reports of anxiety...
- Service users and other stakeholders' evaluation of a liaison mental health service in an accident and emergency department and a general hospital settingS Eales
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Institute of Health Sciences, City University, London, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:70-7. 2006..The findings provide new information regarding what service users and other stakeholders expect from a liaison mental health service and important areas to consider when offering a satisfactory service...
- Safety and security policies on psychiatric acute admission wards: results from a London-wide surveyL Bowers
Psychiatric Nursing, St Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University, London, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 9:427-33. 2002..There is some preliminary evidence that these security policies are differentially associated with levels of absconding and violent incidents. Further research to guide practice is urgently required...
- Evaluating the introduction of a pilot client attachment scheme in mental health nursing educationL Turner
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disability, City University, Philpot St, London E1 2EA, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 11:414-21. 2004..Most participants agreed that students were able to learn relevant and appropriate clinical skills, and to consolidate experience-increasing motivation, autonomy, organizational skills, and confidence...
- Psychiatric and mental health nursing: past, present and futureP Callaghan
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 12:639-41. 2005
- A pilot study of the effects of cognitive-behavioral group therapy and peer support/counseling in decreasing psychologic distress and improving quality of life in Chinese patients with symptomatic HIV diseaseA Molassiotis
School of Nursing, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
AIDS Patient Care STDS 16:83-96. 2002....
- The nursing gaze: power relations in a study of nurse-resident interactions in learning disabilityV M H Lau
Kwai Chung Hospital, Hong Kong
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 14:346-55. 2007..Support for Goffman's self-mortification principle, Foucault's notion of the clinical gaze and infantilism theory were evident in the practice of the nurses studied...
- A review of the literature on the historical development of community mental health services in the United KingdomN Wright
School of Nursing, University of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 15:229-37. 2008..These have in turn shaped the care a service user receives when they come into contact with mental health professionals...