Affiliation: Christie Hospital
- Emerging data on optimal adjuvant endocrine therapy: Breast International Group trial 1-98/MA.17Andrew M Wardley
Christie Hospital, Manchester, England
Clin Breast Cancer 6:S45-50. 2006....
- Detection of PIK3CA mutations in circulating free DNA in patients with breast cancerRuth E Board
Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:461-7. 2010..Studies are underway to qualify PIK3CA mutation in cfDNA as a predictive biomarker allowing patient stratification in clinical trials of mechanism-based therapeutics that target PI3K signalling pathways...
- Incidence of cerebral metastases in patients treated with trastuzumab for metastatic breast cancerA J Clayton
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 91:639-43. 2004..HER-2-positive breast cancer may have a predilection for the brain, or trastuzumab therapy may change the disease pattern by prolonging survival. New strategies to address this problem require investigation in this group of patients...
- Capecitabine: expanding options for the treatment of patients with early or locally advanced breast cancerAndrew Wardley
Christie Hospital and South Manchester University Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Oncologist 11:20-6. 2006....
- Zoledronic acid significantly improves pain scores and quality of life in breast cancer patients with bone metastases: a randomised, crossover study of community vs hospital bisphosphonate administrationA Wardley
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, 550 Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 92:1869-76. 2005..These data confirm the safety and quality-of-life benefits of zoledronic acid in breast cancer patients with bone metastases, particularly when administered in the community setting...
- Effectiveness of a home care nursing program in the symptom management of patients with colorectal and breast cancer receiving oral chemotherapy: a randomized, controlled trialAlex Molassiotis
University of Manchester, School of Nursing, University Place, Manchester, M13 9PL, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:6191-8. 2009..To assess the effectiveness of a symptom-focused home care program in patients with cancer who were receiving oral chemotherapy in relation to toxicity levels, anxiety, depression, quality of life, and service utilization...
- Overview of the impact of conventional systemic therapies on breast cancerAnthony Howell
CRUK Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester, Christie Hospital, 550 Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:S9-S16. 2005..It seems likely that herceptin will add to conventional therapies and thus will be the paradigm for the introduction of other biological therapies to improve cure rates...
- Second-line treatment of postmenopausal women with advanced breast carcinomaRuth E Board
Cancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:613-24. 2006..This review explores some of these options, including the use of hormonal manipulation in the treatment of hormone-positive disease, current chemotherapy options and the use of targeted therapies, such as trastuzumab...
- Polymorphisms of CYP19A1 and response to aromatase inhibitors in metastatic breast cancer patientsRoberta Ferraldeschi
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester and The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:1191-8. 2012....
- The need for advanced breast cancer treatment guidelines: results of an internet-based surveyAndrew Wardley
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Breast 17:275-81. 2008..Interactive computer programs and e-mail updates should also be utilised to ensure physicians are able to make fully informed decisions regarding optimum treatment...
- Randomized phase II trial of first-line trastuzumab plus docetaxel and capecitabine compared with trastuzumab plus docetaxel in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerAndrew M Wardley
Cancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, The Christie, 550 Wilmslow Rd, Manchester, M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:976-83. 2010....