J W Valle
Affiliation: Christie Hospital
- Treatment of inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD): results of a phase II studyJ W Valle
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 92:628-30. 2005..4 months, 1-year survival of 25% and median survival of 6.5 months...
- Alternating irinotecan with oxaliplatin combined with UFT plus leucovorin (SCOUT) in metastatic colorectal cancerH Y Sheikh
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 99:577-83. 2008..In total, 67% of eligible patients received second-line therapy. UFT plus LV with alternating irinotecan and oxaliplatin is an efficacious first-line treatment for mCRC, with minimal neurotoxicity and hand-foot syndrome...
- Concurrent irinotecan, oxaliplatin and UFT in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: a phase I studyH Y Sheikh
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 96:38-43. 2007..We recommend a dose of irinotecan 180 mg m(-2) on day 1, oxaliplatin 100 mg m(-2) on day 15 and UFT 250 mg m(-2) day(-1) with LV 90 mg day(-1) on days 1-21 of a 28-day cycle for future studies...
- A comparison of diagnostic imaging modalities for colorectal liver metastasesL Bonanni
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, North Manchester General Hospital, Manchester, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:545-50. 2014....
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of OSI-7904L, a liposomal thymidylate synthase inhibitor in combination with oxaliplatin in patients with advanced colorectal cancerA R Clamp
Cancer Research UK and University of Manchester Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:579-85. 2008..This phase I study evaluated the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics (PK) of OSI-7904L administered in combination with oxaliplatin every 21 days in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma...
- Blockade of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta by CDP860, a humanized, PEGylated di-Fab', leads to fluid accumulation and is associated with increased tumor vascularized volumeG C Jayson
Cancer Research UK, Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:973-81. 2005....
- Identification of clinical biomarkers for patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma receiving sorafenibA LaMarca
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Clin Transl Oncol . 2016..Identification of patients with advanced HCC-deriving preferential benefit from sorafenib is desirable, and treatment-related adverse events are potential clinical biomarkers...
- Prognostic factors for disease relapse in patients with neuroendocrine tumours who underwent curative surgeryA E Slagter
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Surg Oncol 25:223-8. 2016..The aim of this study was to identify prognostic factors associated with disease relapse in patients with NETs treated by potentially-curative surgery...
- Evaluation of diagnostic and prognostic significance of Ki-67 index in pulmonary carcinoid tumoursV Clay
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, 550 Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Clin Transl Oncol . 2016..The aim of this study was to analyse the diagnostic and prognostic values of the Ki-67 index in PC...
- Phase I dose-escalation trial of irinotecan with continuous infusion 5-FU first line, in metastatic colorectal cancerM P Saunders
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 91:1447-52. 2004..It represents an effective treatment for patients who require close supervision and support, throughout their initial exposure to chemotherapy for this disease, and this dose combination was recommended for an ongoing phase II study...
- Gemcitabine alone or in combination with cisplatin in patients with advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinomas or other biliary tract tumours: a multicentre randomised phase II study - The UK ABC-01 StudyJ W Valle
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 101:621-7. 2009..We assessed the activity of gemcitabine (G) and cisplatin/gemcitabine (C/G) in patients with locally advanced (LA) or metastatic (M) (advanced) biliary cancers (ABC) for whom there is no standard chemotherapy...
- Advances in the treatment of metastatic or unresectable biliary tract cancerJ W Valle
Christie Hospital The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Ann Oncol 21:vii345-8. 2010..g. EGFR, VEGF, MEK inhibition, amongst others) and collaboration between investigators to deliver relevant, timely and adequately powered studies...
- Gemcitabine with or without cisplatin in patients (pts) with advanced or metastatic biliary tract cancer (ABC): Results of a multicenter, randomized phase III trial (the UK ABC-02 trial)J W Valle
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom Imperial College Healthcare Trust, London, United Kingdom University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom St James University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom Castle Hill Hospital, Hull, United Kingdom University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:4503. 2009..gemcitabine (Gem) (Valle ASCO-GI 2006, abstr. 98). This study was extended into ABC-02, a phase III trial, to recruit a further 314 pts with overall survival (OS) as the primary end-point...
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine for advanced biliary tract cancer: a meta-analysis of two randomised trialsJ W Valle
Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Ann Oncol 25:391-8. 2014..This pre-planned analysis evaluates the efficacy of CisGem with increased statistical power...
- A pilot study to explore circulating tumour cells in pancreatic cancer as a novel biomarkerL Khoja
Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 106:508-16. 2012..We compared prospectively the utility of two platforms for CTC enumeration and characterisation in pancreatic cancer patients in a pilot exploratory study...
- Irinotecan with bolus and infusional 5-flurouracil and folinic acid for patients with advanced or metastatic colorectal cancer previously treated with 5-flurouracil: a possible alternative to single-agent irinotecan in a 'real-life' settingJ W Valle
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:666. 2005
- Multicentre phase II pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of OSI-7904L in previously untreated patients with advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomaS Falk
Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, Horfield Road, Bristol BS2 8ED, UK
Br J Cancer 95:450-6. 2006..Analysis of TS genotype, TS protein and expression did not reveal any correlation with outcome. OSI-7904L has activity in A-G/GEJA similar to other active agents and an acceptable safety profile...
- Impact of laparotomy and liver resection on the peritoneal concentrations of fibroblast growth factor 2, vascular endothelial growth factor and hepatocyte growth factorM K Whitworth
University Department of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Liverpool Women s Hospital, Crown St, L8 7SS, Liverpool, UK
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 132:41-4. 2006..This study was designed to determine the relationship between intraperitoneal (IP) cytokine levels, and laparotomy in benign and malignant settings...
- Why hasn't the National Institute been 'NICE' to patients with colorectal cancer? National Institute of Clinical ExcellenceM P Saunders
Br J Cancer 86:1667-9. 2002