J W Valle
Affiliation: Christie Hospital
- Practical management of sunitinib toxicities in the treatment of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsJuan W Valle
University of Manchester, Manchester Health Sciences Centre and Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK Electronic address
Cancer Treat Rev 40:1230-8. 2014..We aim to provide a relevant and useful guide for clinicians treating patients with pNET covering the management of events such as fatigue, mucositis, hand-foot syndrome, and hypertension. ..
- A systematic review of non-surgical treatments for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumoursJuan W Valle
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK Electronic address
Cancer Treat Rev 40:376-89. 2014..We conducted a systematic review of published clinical trials of non-surgical interventions in pNET, to understand the efficacy, safety and health related quality of life (HRQoL) outcomes from the current evidence base...
- Advances in the treatment of metastatic or unresectable biliary tract cancerJ W Valle
Christie Hospital The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Ann Oncol 21:vii345-8. 2010..g. EGFR, VEGF, MEK inhibition, amongst others) and collaboration between investigators to deliver relevant, timely and adequately powered studies...
- A phase 2 study of SP1049C, doxorubicin in P-glycoprotein-targeting pluronics, in patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junctionJuan W Valle
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Invest New Drugs 29:1029-37. 2011....
- Gemcitabine alone or in combination with cisplatin in patients with advanced or metastatic cholangiocarcinomas or other biliary tract tumours: a multicentre randomised phase II study - The UK ABC-01 StudyJ W Valle
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 101:621-7. 2009..We assessed the activity of gemcitabine (G) and cisplatin/gemcitabine (C/G) in patients with locally advanced (LA) or metastatic (M) (advanced) biliary cancers (ABC) for whom there is no standard chemotherapy...
- Alternating irinotecan with oxaliplatin combined with UFT plus leucovorin (SCOUT) in metastatic colorectal cancerH Y Sheikh
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 99:577-83. 2008..In total, 67% of eligible patients received second-line therapy. UFT plus LV with alternating irinotecan and oxaliplatin is an efficacious first-line treatment for mCRC, with minimal neurotoxicity and hand-foot syndrome...
- Concurrent irinotecan, oxaliplatin and UFT in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: a phase I studyH Y Sheikh
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 96:38-43. 2007..We recommend a dose of irinotecan 180 mg m(-2) on day 1, oxaliplatin 100 mg m(-2) on day 15 and UFT 250 mg m(-2) day(-1) with LV 90 mg day(-1) on days 1-21 of a 28-day cycle for future studies...
- Treatment of inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD): results of a phase II studyJ W Valle
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 92:628-30. 2005..4 months, 1-year survival of 25% and median survival of 6.5 months...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of OSI-7904L, a liposomal thymidylate synthase inhibitor in combination with oxaliplatin in patients with advanced colorectal cancerA R Clamp
Cancer Research UK and University of Manchester Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:579-85. 2008..This phase I study evaluated the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics (PK) of OSI-7904L administered in combination with oxaliplatin every 21 days in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma...
- A comparison of diagnostic imaging modalities for colorectal liver metastasesL Bonanni
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, North Manchester General Hospital, Manchester, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:545-50. 2014....
- Prognostic factors for disease relapse in patients with neuroendocrine tumours who underwent curative surgeryA E Slagter
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Surg Oncol 25:223-8. 2016..The aim of this study was to identify prognostic factors associated with disease relapse in patients with NETs treated by potentially-curative surgery...
- Evaluation of diagnostic and prognostic significance of Ki-67 index in pulmonary carcinoid tumoursV Clay
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, 550 Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Clin Transl Oncol . 2016..The aim of this study was to analyse the diagnostic and prognostic values of the Ki-67 index in PC...
- Identification of clinical biomarkers for patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma receiving sorafenibA LaMarca
Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Clin Transl Oncol . 2016..Identification of patients with advanced HCC-deriving preferential benefit from sorafenib is desirable, and treatment-related adverse events are potential clinical biomarkers...
- A pilot study to explore circulating tumour cells in pancreatic cancer as a novel biomarkerL Khoja
Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 106:508-16. 2012..We compared prospectively the utility of two platforms for CTC enumeration and characterisation in pancreatic cancer patients in a pilot exploratory study...
- Phase I dose-escalation trial of irinotecan with continuous infusion 5-FU first line, in metastatic colorectal cancerM P Saunders
Department of Clinical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 91:1447-52. 2004..It represents an effective treatment for patients who require close supervision and support, throughout their initial exposure to chemotherapy for this disease, and this dose combination was recommended for an ongoing phase II study...
- Gemcitabine with or without cisplatin in patients (pts) with advanced or metastatic biliary tract cancer (ABC): Results of a multicenter, randomized phase III trial (the UK ABC-02 trial)J W Valle
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom Imperial College Healthcare Trust, London, United Kingdom University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom St James University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom Castle Hill Hospital, Hull, United Kingdom University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:4503. 2009..gemcitabine (Gem) (Valle ASCO-GI 2006, abstr. 98). This study was extended into ABC-02, a phase III trial, to recruit a further 314 pts with overall survival (OS) as the primary end-point...
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine for advanced biliary tract cancer: a meta-analysis of two randomised trialsJ W Valle
Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Ann Oncol 25:391-8. 2014..This pre-planned analysis evaluates the efficacy of CisGem with increased statistical power...
- Blockade of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta by CDP860, a humanized, PEGylated di-Fab', leads to fluid accumulation and is associated with increased tumor vascularized volumeG C Jayson
Cancer Research UK, Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:973-81. 2005....