R Andrew King
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Opening a can of worms: unprecedented sympatric cryptic diversity within British lumbricid earthwormsR Andrew King
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Biomedical Sciences Building, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3US, UK
Mol Ecol 17:4684-98. 2008..The cryptic diversity revealed by these results has profound consequences for all areas of earthworm research...
- Prey choice by carabid beetles feeding on an earthworm community analysed using species- and lineage-specific PCR primersR Andrew King
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Biomedical Sciences Building, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3AX, UK
Mol Ecol 19:1721-32. 2010..melanarius. We concluded that any management system that increases earthworm densities generally, regardless of component species, is likely to be optimal for increasing numbers of this beneficial beetle predator...
- Multiplex reactions for the molecular detection of predation on pest and nonpest invertebrates in agroecosystemsR Andrew King
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, UK
Mol Ecol Resour 11:370-3. 2011..All prey species were detected in a screen of the gut contents of field-caught predators...
- Molecular diagnostics reveal spiders that exploit prey vibrational signals used in sexual communicationMeta Virant-Doberlet
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Biomedical Sciences Building, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3AX, UK
Mol Ecol 20:2204-16. 2011..This may be a widespread mechanism for prey location, one that is likely to be a major unrecognized driver of evolution in both predators and prey...
- Molecular evidence for gender differences in the migratory behaviour of a small seabirdRenata J Medeiros
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e46330. 2012..Such differences in migration behaviour between males and females are poorly understood but have implications for the vulnerability of seabirds to pollution and environmental change at sea during the non-breeding season...