Alison M Kemp
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Patterns of skeletal fractures in child abuse: systematic reviewAlison M Kemp
Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group, Clinical Epidemiology Interdisciplinary Research Group, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, University Hospital of Wales Heath Park, Cardiff CF 2XX
BMJ 337:a1518. 2008....
- Patterns of bruising in preschool children--a longitudinal studyAlison M Kemp
Early Years Research Programme, Institute of Primary Care and Public Health, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Arch Dis Child 100:426-31. 2015..This study aims to identify the prevalence and pattern of bruises in preschool children over time, and explore influential variables..
- How old is this fracture? Radiologic dating of fractures in children: a systematic reviewIngrid Prosser
Department of Child Health, Cardiff University, Wales College of Medicine, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Penarth CF64 2XX, Wales, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1282-6. 2005..There is an urgent need for research to validate the criteria used in the radiologic dating of fractures in children younger than 5 years...
- Abdominal injury due to child abusePeter M Barnes
Department of Child Health, Cardiff University, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Penarth CF64 2XX, UK
Lancet 366:234-5. 2005..Therefore, injuries to the small bowel in young children need special consideration, particularly if a minor fall is the explanation...
- Does cardiopulmonary resuscitation cause rib fractures in children? A systematic reviewSabine Maguire
Department of Child Health, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Penarth CF64 2XX, UK
Child Abuse Negl 30:739-51. 2006..questions: (i) Does cardiopulmonary resuscitation cause rib fractures in children? (ii) If so, what are the frequency and characteristics of these fractures that may help to distinguish them from rib fractures caused by physical abuse?..