S J Hooper
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- A molecular analysis of the bacteria present within oral squamous cell carcinomaSamuel J Hooper
Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XY, UK
J Med Microbiol 56:1651-9. 2007..Whether the presence of these bacteria within the mucosa has any bearing on the carcinogenic process is a concept worthy of further investigation...
- Exploring the link between microorganisms and oral cancer: a systematic review of the literatureSamuel J Hooper
Tissue Engineering and Reparative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XY, United Kingdom
Head Neck 31:1228-39. 2009..This review aims to summarize the known associations between microbial infection and cancer and draw attention to how they may relate to oral carcinoma...
- Antimicrobial activity of Citrox bioflavonoid preparations against oral microorganismsS J Hooper
Oral Microbiology, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XY
Br Dent J 210:E22. 2011..The non-toxic and antimicrobial properties of natural bioflavonoids are well documented, and consequently there has been interest in the therapeutic application of these substances...
- Viable bacteria present within oral squamous cell carcinoma tissueSamuel J Hooper
Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XY, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 44:1719-25. 2006..A diversity of bacterial groups have been isolated from within oral squamous cell carcinoma tissue. The significance of these bacteria within the tumor warrants further study...
- Prevotella histicola sp. nov., isolated from the human oral cavityJulia Downes
King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s College and St Thomas Hospitals, Infection Research Group, London, UK
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:1788-91. 2008..The G+C content of the DNA of the type strain is 43 mol%. The type strain of Prevotella histicola is T05-04T (=DSM 19854T=CCUG 55407T)...