D A Cohen
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Communication, stress and distress: evolution of an individual support programme for medical students and doctorsDebbie Cohen
Communication Skills Unit, Department of General Practice, Cardiff University, Llanedeyrn Health Centre, Cardiff, UK
Med Educ 39:476-81. 2005..The stress and distress that can be associated with poor communication is well recognised. The problem of how to manage this effectively has yet to be solved...
- Fit for work? Evaluation of a workshop for rheumatology teamsD Cohen
Centre for Psychosocial Research, Occupational and Physician Health, Cardiff University, 53 54 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 66:296-9. 2016..People with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) may rapidly cease work prematurely due to ill-health. A recent survey noted that a quarter of respondents with RA experienced job loss within a year of diagnosis and 50% stopped work within 6 years...
- Shifting attitudes: the National Education Programme for work and healthD Cohen
Centre for Psychosocial and Disability Research, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 62:371-4. 2012..The Royal College of General Practitioners was commissioned in 2009 to develop and roll out a National Education Programme (NEP) funded by the Department for Work and Pensions for a period of 2 years...
- The return to work discussion: a qualitative study of the line manager conversation about return to work and the development of an educational programmeDebbie Cohen
Centre for Psychosocial and Disability Research, Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, 53 54 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, Wales, UK
J Rehabil Med 44:677-83. 2012..To investigate the conversation between line manager and employee about return to work to inform the development of an online interactive educational programme for line managers to improve the effectiveness of their discussions...
- Making an objective assessment of a colleague's performanceDebbie Cohen
Centre for Psychosocial and Disability Research, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK
Clin Teach 7:171-4. 2010..However, performance assessments and appraisal today encompasses the review of both non-clinical, or behaviourial skills and the assessment of clinical practice...
- Managing long-term worklessness in primary care: a focus group studyDebbie Cohen
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 60:121-6. 2010..General practitioners (GPs) often feel that work and health-related issues extend beyond their role. There is a paucity of research that focuses on GPs' attitudes to the management of long-term worklessness...
- Inside the fitness for work consultation: a qualitative studyD A Cohen
Centre for Psychosocial and Disability Research, School of Psychology, Cardiff University, 51a Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 59:347-52. 2009..Worklessness for whatever reason can lead to poorer physical and mental health. The role of the general practitioner (GP) in the management of fitness for work is pivotal...
- The future is flexible?Debbie Cohen
Communication Skills Unit, Department of General Practice, University of Wales College of Medicine, Llanedeyrn Health Centre, Cardiff CF23 9PN, UK
Med Educ 39:653-4. 2005
- Good at medicine, pity about the restDebbie Cohen
Department of General Practice, University of Wales College of Medicine, Llanedeyrn Health Centre, Cardiff CF23 9PN
Hosp Med 65:557-9. 2004
- Measuring a doctor's performance: personality, health and well-beingDebbie Cohen
Occup Med (Lond) 56:438-40. 2006