A J Bayer
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of a multi-modal intervention in frail and pre-frail older people with type 2 diabetes--the MID-Frail study: study protocol for a randomised controlled trialLeocadio Rodriguez-Manas
Institute of Diabetes for Older People IDOP, University of Bedfordshire, Putteridge Bury campus, Hitchin Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 8LE, UK
Trials 15:34. 2014..We describe the rationale and methods of the multi-modal intervention in diabetes in frailty (MID-Frail) study...
- The doctor's duty to the elderly patient in clinical trialsAntony Bayer
Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Drugs Aging 20:1087-97. 2003..Those with cognitive impairment and the institutionalised are vulnerable to exploitation and require special consideration and management...
- Evaluation of the safety and immunogenicity of synthetic Abeta42 (AN1792) in patients with ADA J Bayer
University Department of Geriatric Medicine, Academic Centre, University of Wales College of Medicine, Llandough Hospital, Penarth Road, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF64 2XX, UK
Neurology 64:94-101. 2005..This phase 1 study evaluated the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of AN1792 (human aggregated Abeta42) in patients with mild to moderate AD...
- Age and gender bias in statin trialsS Bandyopadhyay
University Department of Geriatric Medicine, Llandough Hospital, Penarth, UK
QJM 94:127-32. 2001..Statin drug trials have suffered from age and gender bias, having been mainly conducted in middle-aged male populations. The extrapolation of evidence from these trials to older people and women needs further evaluation...
- Abeta species removal after abeta42 immunizationJames A R Nicoll
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:1040-8. 2006..Abeta immunotherapy can clear all Abeta species from the cortex. However, if it is to be used for treatment of established Alzheimer disease, then the residual tau pathology and cerebral amyloid angiopathy require further study...
- Safety and tolerability of once-daily versus twice-daily memantine: a randomised, double-blind study in moderate to severe Alzheimer's diseaseRoy W Jones
Research Institute for the Care of the Elderly RICE, Bath, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:258-62. 2007..To assess the safety and tolerability of three different dosing schedules of memantine in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Phasic visual alertness in Alzheimer's disease and ageingAndrea Tales
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF11 3YG, Wales, UK
Neuroreport 13:2557-60. 2002..This marked inability to increase phasic alertness in AD may contribute to the everyday problems faced by these patients, and may provide a simple tool to aid diagnosis and disease progression...