- Hepatitis C virus and nonliver solid organ transplantationMarco Carbone
Liver Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Transplantation 95:779-86. 2013..Assays that quantify HCV core antigen may become more cost-effective than NAT for the screening of potential organ donors...
- The UK-PBC risk scores: Derivation and validation of a scoring system for long-term prediction of end-stage liver disease in primary biliary cholangitisMarco Carbone
Academic Department of Medical Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Hepatology 63:930-50. 2016..In the validation cohort, the 5-, 10-, and 15-year risk scores were highly accurate (areas under the curve: >0.90)...
- The effect of liver transplantation on fatigue in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis: a prospective studyMarco Carbone
Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Hepatol 59:490-4. 2013..We aimed at assessing the severity of fatigue in LT candidates with PBC and the impact of LT on fatigue...
- Autoimmune liver disease, autoimmunity and liver transplantationMarco Carbone
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom Organ Donation and Transplantation, National Health Service Blood and Transplant NHSBT, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Hepatol 60:210-23. 2014..In this manuscript, we review novel findings about disease processes and mechanisms that lead to autoimmunity in the liver and their possible involvement in the immune response vs. the graft after LT. ..
- How regenerative medicine and tissue engineering may complement the available armamentarium in gastroenterology?Marco Carbone
Liver Unit, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom
World J Gastroenterol 18:6908-17. 2012..The use of autologous cells will mitigate the need for long term immunosuppression thus removing a major hurdle in transplantation...