Affiliation: Cancer Research UK
- Clinical trial design in oncology: protocol designRichard Sullivan
Cancer Research UK, London
Lancet Oncol 5:759. 2004
- Medicinal mushrooms and cancer therapy: translating a traditional practice into Western medicineRichard Sullivan
Cancer Research UK, 61 Lincoln s Inn Field, London W2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Perspect Biol Med 49:159-70. 2006....
- European Non-Communicable Respiratory Disease Research, 2002-13: Bibliometric Study of Outputs and FundingMursheda Begum
Department of Cancer Studies, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Population Health, Guy s Hospital, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 11:e0154197. 2016..Just over 37% of papers had no specific funding and depended on institutional support from universities and hospitals. ..
- What really matters in cancer?: Putting people back into the heart of cancer policyArnie Purushotham
King s College, Institute of Cancer Policy, London, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 49:1669-72. 2013....
- The state of research and development in global cancer surgeryArnie D Purushotham
King s College London, Strand, London, United Kingdom
Ann Surg 255:427-32. 2012..The objective of this study was to perform an analysis of global cancer surgery research and development trends over the last 10 years across 21 countries...
- A survey of public funding of cancer research in the European unionSeth Eckhouse
European Cancer Research Managers Forum, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 3:e267. 2006
- Hypoxia-induced resistance to anticancer drugs is associated with decreased senescence and requires hypoxia-inducible factor-1 activityRichard Sullivan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen s University, Botterell Hall, Room 859, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1961-73. 2008..These results support a requirement for HIF-1 in the adaptations leading to drug resistance and reveal that decreased drug-induced senescence is also an important contributor to the development of hypoxia-induced resistance...
- Chemosensitization of cancer by nitric oxideRichard Sullivan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Curr Pharm Des 14:1113-23. 2008....
- The good, the bad, and the ugly: effect of regulations on cancer researchRichard Sullivan
Department of Social Policy Health, Population and Society, London School of Economics and Political Science, London WC2A 2AE, UK
Lancet Oncol 9:2-3. 2008
- Hypoxia-driven selection of the metastatic phenotypeRichard Sullivan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6, Canada
Cancer Metastasis Rev 26:319-31. 2007..Through regulation of these critical molecular targets, hypoxia promotes each step of the metastatic cascade and selects tumor cell populations that are able to escape the unfavorable microenvironment of the primary tumor...
- Chemosensitization of cancer in vitro and in vivo by nitric oxide signalingLisa J Frederiksen
Department of Anatomy, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:2199-206. 2007..Here, we determined whether chemosensitization by NO mimetics requires cGMP-dependent signaling and whether low concentrations of NO mimetics can chemosensitize tumors in vivo...
- United Kingdom research governance strategy: reforming clinical research and development in EnglandRichard Sullivan
BMJ 328:49-50; author reply 50. 2004
- European Clinical Trials Directive: responses made to MHRA consultation letter MLX 287David J Flavell
Lancet 362:1415. 2003