Affiliation: Cancer Research UK
- Risk and clinical implications of transformation of follicular lymphoma to diffuse large B-cell lymphomaSilvia Montoto
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 25:2426-33. 2007..To study the clinical significance of transformation to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) in patients with follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Long-term follow-up of high-dose treatment with autologous haematopoietic progenitor cell support in 693 patients with follicular lymphoma: an EBMT registry studyS Montoto
Cancer Research UK Medical Oncology Unit, Institute of Cancer, Centre for Medical Oncology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Leukemia 21:2324-31. 2007..This long follow-up study shows a plateau in the PFS curve, suggesting that a selected group of patients might be cured with HDT. On the downside, TBI-containing regimens are associated with a negative impact on survival...
- Transformation of follicular lymphoma to diffuse large B-cell lymphoma may occur by divergent evolution from a common progenitor cell or by direct evolution from the follicular lymphoma cloneEmanuela Carlotti
Centre for Medical Oncology Laboratory, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 113:3553-7. 2009..On the basis of the father/son model, this CPC must be long-lived, providing a possible explanation for the incurable nature of this disease...
- Secondary central nervous system lymphoma: risk factors and prophylaxisSilvia Montoto
Medical Oncology Department, St Bartholomew s Hospital, Little Britain 45, London EC1A 7BE, UK
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 19:751-63, viii. 2005..The appropriateness of the same prophylaxis at relapse needs to be addressed in further studies...
- Impact of the intensity of conditioning regimen in 144 patients with follicular lymphoma (FL) receiving a matched unrelated donor stem cell transplant (MUD-SCT): An analysis from the Lymphoma Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow TranspA Sureda
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium University Hospital Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany GKT School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Erasmus Medical College, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Centre Henri Becquerel, Rouen, France St Bartholomew s and The Royal London Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:7036. 2008..7036 Background: Matched unrelated donor stem cell transplant (MUD-SCT) provides the only potentially curative option for patients with follicular lymphoma (FL) who fail conventional therapies and do not have a sibling donor...
- Molecular signatures in the diagnosis and management of follicular lymphomaDavid Wrench
Centre for Medical Oncology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, Charterhouse Square, London, UK
Curr Opin Hematol 17:333-40. 2010..Both germline and acquired molecular events are now known to predict disease risk and outcome, respectively. Recent developments in these fields are covered within this review...
- Follicular lymphoma: managing an indolent malignancySimon Hallam
Centre for Meidcal Oncology, Barts, and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 71:258-62. 2010..Management is complicated by difficulty in accurately predicting individual outcomes and judging whether, when and how best to intervene. This article illustrates key issues in the management of this fascinating and enigmatic disease...
- Incidence and clinical significance of bcl-2/IgH rearrangements in follicular lymphomaSilvia Montoto
Hematology Department, Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Postgraduate School of Hematology Farrers Valenti Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 44:71-6. 2003..In our series bcl-2/IgH rearrangement at MBR or mcr, which was found in 67% of the patients, was not correlated with response to treatment, survival nor time-to-treatment-failure...
- Follicular lymphoma in early stages: high risk of relapse and usefulness of the Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index to predict the outcome of patientsFrancisco Plancarte
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Haematol 76:58-63. 2006..The objective of this study was to analyze the clinical features and the outcome of a series of patients with FL in early stages with a long follow-up...
- High clinical and molecular response rates with fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and mitoxantrone in previously untreated patients with advanced stage follicular lymphomaSilvia Montoto
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 93:207-14. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze the efficacy and toxicity of a fludarabine combination as first-line treatment in patients with advanced-stage disease...
- Follicular lymphomasUmberto Vitolo
Hematology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista Molinette, Turin, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 66:248-61. 2008..Therapeutic decision is mostly conditioned by patient's characteristics, stage, histologic grade, tumor burden, and risk-predicting factors...
- Oncologic, endocrine & metabolic emerging drugs in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaShireen Kassam
St Bartholomew s Hospital, 38 Little Britain, London EC1A 7BE, UK
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 13:323-43. 2008..Recently, the focus of drug development has shifted from conventional cytotoxic drugs to molecularly targeted agents and immunotherapy, driven by advances in the understanding of the molecular pathogenesis of these disorders...
- CNS Hodgkin lymphomaElizabeth R Gerstner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Blood 112:1658-61. 2008....
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: clinical and biological characterization and outcome according to the nodal or extranodal primary originArmando Lopez-Guillermo
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 23:2797-804. 2005..To study the main clinicobiologic features, response, and outcome of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) according to the primary site, lymph node, or different extranodal organs of the disease...
- International and Italian prognostic indices in follicular lymphomaGranada Perea
Department of Hematology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 88:700-4. 2003..The Italian Lymphoma Intergroup (ILI) created a new prognostic index specific for FL. The aim of this study was to compare which of these two indices is more useful when applied to a large group of FL patients...
- Appropriateness of applying the response criteria for multiple myeloma to Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia?Joan Blade
Department of Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Oncology, Postgraduate School of Hematology Farreras Valenti, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Oncol 30:329-31. 2003..However, WM frequently displays lymphoma-like features that should be included in the response criteria...
- Brain parenchyma involvement as isolated central nervous system relapse of systemic non-Hodgkin lymphoma: an International Primary CNS Lymphoma Collaborative Group reportNancy D Doolittle
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Blood 111:1085-93. 2008..Our results suggest systemic methotrexate is the optimal treatment for isolated CNS relapse involving the brain parenchyma. Long-term survival is possible in some patients...