E F Nash
Affiliation: Birmingham Heartlands Hospital
- Nebulized and oral thiol derivatives for pulmonary disease in cystic fibrosisEdward F Nash
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham, UK, B9 5SS
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2009..Their mode of action is likely to differ according to the route of administration. There are several thiol derivatives, and it is unclear which of these may be beneficial in cystic fibrosis...
- Outcomes of patients with cystic fibrosis undergoing lung transplantation with and without cystic fibrosis-associated liver cirrhosisE F Nash
Division of Respirology, Toronto Lung Transplant Program, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Clin Transplant 26:34-41. 2012....
- Incidence of deep vein thrombosis associated with peripherally inserted central catheters in adults with cystic fibrosisEdward F Nash
Toronto Adult Cystic Fibrosis Clinic, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:347-51. 2009....
- Survival of Burkholderia cepacia sepsis following lung transplantation in recipients with cystic fibrosisE F Nash
Toronto Lung Transplant Program, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Canada
Transpl Infect Dis 12:551-4. 2010..The aim of this report is to demonstrate that, although survival of B. cenocepacia sepsis after lung transplantation is extremely uncommon, with aggressive multidisciplinary management, long-term survival remains a realistic objective...
- Impact of lung transplantation on serum lipids in adults with cystic fibrosisEdward F Nash
Toronto Adult Cystic Fibrosis Centre, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Heart Lung Transplant 30:188-93. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the impact of lung transplantation on the prevalence of hyperlipidemia in CF adults...
- Microbial contamination of non-invasive ventilation devices used by adults with cystic fibrosisA Mutagi
Virology, Health Protection Agency, Microbiological Services, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK
J Hosp Infect 81:104-8. 2012..There is currently little evidence regarding potential risks of bacterial contamination of non-invasive ventilation (NIV) devices used by cystic fibrosis (CF) patients...
- Long-term impact of liver transplantation on respiratory function and nutritional status in children and adults with cystic fibrosisJ K Dowman
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Am J Transplant 12:954-64. 2012..6 kg/m(2) (range 16.4-22.7) 5 years posttransplant. In conclusion, LT is an effective treatment for selected patients with cirrhosis due to CFLD, stabilizing aspects of long-term lung function and preserving nutritional status...