Anthony J Barron
- Long-term antihypertensive treatment fails to improve E/e' despite regression of left ventricular mass: an Anglo-Scandinavian cardiac outcomes trial substudyAnthony J Barron
Imperial College London, 59 North Wharf Rd, London W2 1LA, United Kingdom
Hypertension 63:252-8. 2014..This may be a factor contributing to the previously described worse clinical outcome in patients treated with atenolol±bendroflumethiazide compared with amlodipine±perindopril. ..
- Systematic review of genuine versus spurious side-effects of beta-blockers in heart failure using placebo control: recommendations for patient informationAnthony J Barron
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, UK St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, UK Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:3572-9. 2013..We present information for a physician advising a patient experiencing an unwanted symptom and suspecting the drug...
- The role for cardiopulmonary exercise testing in patients with atrial septal defects: a reviewAnthony J Barron
International Centre for Circulatory Health, Imperial College London and Imperial College NHS Trust, UK
Int J Cardiol 161:68-72. 2012..This review will look at the current evidence of cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET) in ASD closure...
- Reduced confounding by impaired ventilatory function with oxygen uptake efficiency slope and VE/VCO2 slope rather than peak oxygen consumption to assess exercise physiology in suspected heart failureAnthony J Barron
International Centre for Circulatory Health, Imperial College London and Imperial College NHS Trust, London, UK
Congest Heart Fail 16:259-64. 2010..OUES in contrast does not show this preferential sensitivity to impaired FEV(1)...
- "Triple therapy" of heart failure with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, beta-blocker, and aldosterone antagonist may triple survival time: shouldn't we tell patients?Graham D Cole
International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, United Kingdom Electronic address
JACC Heart Fail 2:545-8. 2014..We calculate from the available RCT data that, for patients whose lifespan is limited by heart failure, triple therapy triples lifespan. ..
- What proportion of symptomatic side effects in patients taking statins are genuinely caused by the drug? Systematic review of randomized placebo-controlled trials to aid individual patient choiceJudith A Finegold
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:464-74. 2014..We test this assumption and calculate an evidence-based estimate of the probability of a symptom being genuinely attributable to the statin itself...
- First-in-man safety evaluation of renal denervation for chronic systolic heart failure: primary outcome from REACH-Pilot studyJustin E Davies
National Heart and Lung Institute, International Centre for Circulatory Health, Imperial College London and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Int J Cardiol 162:189-92. 2013..This pilot study evaluated the safety of renal denervation for heart failure using an intensive follow-up protocol...