Robert C Baldwin
- Preventing late-life depression: a clinical updateRobert C Baldwin
University of Manchester and Manchester Mental Health Trust, Edale House, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9BX, UK
Int Psychogeriatr 22:1216-24. 2010..Achieving remission in late-life depressive disorder is difficult; it is far better to prevent depression. In the last ten years there have been a number of clinical studies of the feasibility of prevention...
- Treatment of psychiatric syndromes due to cerebrovascular diseaseRaghu Paranthaman
Edale House, Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Int Rev Psychiatry 18:453-70. 2006..Future studies might include multi-modal interventions using the principles of active case management and pharmacological studies which target both specific neuropsychiatric symptoms and underlying cerebrovascular disorder...
- Guideline for the management of late-life depression in primary careRobert C Baldwin
Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:829-38. 2003..To develop a guideline for the primary care management of depression in later life based on best practice...
- Is vascular depression a distinct sub-type of depressive disorder? A review of causal evidenceRobert C Baldwin
Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:1-11. 2005..Vascular depression is an important conceptual and clinical concept...
- Prognosis of late life depression: a three-year cohort study of outcome and potential predictorsRobert C Baldwin
Old Age Psychiatry, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:57-63. 2006..Late-onset depression (LOD) has a poor prognosis which may be worsened by the presence of cerebrovascular disease. Few studies have explored prospectively the influence of vascular risk factors on longer term prognosis...
- Recent understandings in geriatric affective disorderRobert C Baldwin
Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust, Edale House, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:539-43. 2007..This article focuses on recent research into depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety in older people...