Mark C M Dunne
Affiliation: Aston University
- The influence on unaided vision of age, pupil diameter and sphero-cylindrical refractive errorRebecca M Rushton
Ophthalmic Research Group, Vision Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Clin Exp Optom 99:328-35. 2016..The aim was to derive equations for the relationship between unaided vision and age, pupil diameter, iris colour and sphero-cylindrical refractive error...
- Non-invasive phakometric measurement of corneal and crystalline lens alignment in human eyesMark C M Dunne
Neurosciences Research Institute, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 25:143-52. 2005..2 mm) were studied by measuring the left eyes of 45 subjects (aged 18-42 years, 29 females and 16 males, 15 Caucasians, 29 Indian Asians, one African, refractive error range -7.25 to +1.25 D mean spherical equivalent) on two occasions...
- Accuracy of cornea and lens biometry using anterior segment optical coherence tomographyMark C M Dunne
Aston University, Ophthalmic Research Group, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Biomed Opt 12:064023. 2007..Our improved scheme reduced AS-OCT errors and could, therefore, enhance pre- and postoperative assessments of keratorefractive or cataract surgery, including measurement of accommodating intraocular lenses...
- Statistical guidelines for clinical studies of human visionRichard A Armstrong
Ophthalmic Research Group, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 31:123-36. 2011..Where relevant, examples of correct statistical practice are given with reference to recently published articles in the optometric and ophthalmic literature...
- Three-dimensional magnetic resonance imaging of the phakic crystalline lens during accommodationAmy L Sheppard
Ophthalmic Research Group, Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:3689-97. 2011....
- Theoretical evaluation of the cataract extraction-refraction-implantation techniques for intraocular lens power calculationAmy L Sheppard
Ophthalmic Research Group, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 28:568-76. 2008..75 [Mackool et al., J. Cataract Refract. Surg.32 (2006) 435]; IOL power (D) = 0.07x(2) + 1.27x + 1.22, where x = aphakic refraction [Leccisotti, Graefes Arch. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol.246 (2008) 729]...
- Cling film as a barrier against CJD in Goldmann-type applanation tonometryLeon N Davies
Neurosciences Research Institute, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 24:27-34. 2004..To determine the feasibility of taking intra-ocular pressure (IOP) readings with Goldmann-type applanation tonometer probe covered with cling film to avoid transmission of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)...
- Vergence analysis reveals the influence of axial distances on accommodation with age and axial ametropiaLeon N Davies
Ophthalmic Research Group, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 30:371-8. 2010..The study, therefore, enhances our understanding of biometric accommodative changes and demonstrates the utility of vergence analysis in the assessment of accommodation...
- Posterior retinal contour in adult human anisomyopiaNicola S Logan
Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics Research Group, Neurosciences Research Institute, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2152-62. 2004..Whether the transverse dimensions of the eye also increase in myopia is relevant to further understanding of its development...
- Cling film as a barrier against CJD in corneal contact A-scan ultrasonographyAsha Rani
Neurosciences Research Institute, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 23:9-12. 2003..To determine the validity of covering a corneal contact transducer probe with cling film as protection against the transmission of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)...