- Effects of tirofiban on acute systemic inflammatory response in elective percutaneous coronary interventionsMehmet Akbulut
Firat University Medical School, Department of Cardiology, Elazig, Turkey
Curr Med Res Opin 20:1759-67. 2004..In this study the effect of a specific glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor, tirofiban [which also has antiplatelet activity on acute systemic inflammatory responses (IR) during elective percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)] was evaluated...
- The effect of long-term clopidogrel use on neointimal formation after percutaneous coronary interventionMehmet Akbulut
Firat University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Elazig, Turkey
Coron Artery Dis 15:347-52. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the long term effect of clopidogrel-based antiplatelet therapy on neointimal formation...
- Efficacy of clopidrogel on reperfusion and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein in patients with acute myocardial infarctionMehmet Akbulut
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23100 Elazig, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 2009:932515. 2009..4 +/- 0.1 mg/L, group 2: 3.7 +/- 1.4 mg/L; P = .000). We concluded that adding clopidogrel to standard treatment in STEMI patients provided early reperfusion and suppression of inflammatory response...
- The effect of ST resolution on QT dispersion after interventional treatment in acute myocardial infarctionErdogan Ilkay
Department of Cardiology, Firat University, School of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Clin Cardiol 27:159-62. 2004..It has been demonstrated that in AMI, the grade of ST-resolution correlates strongly with left ventricular (LV) function, enzyme elevation, and mortality after primary angioplasty...
- Effect of diltiazem and metoprolol on left atrial appendix functions in patients with nonvalvular chronic atrial fibrillationIlgin Karaca
Department of Cardiology, Medical School, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 7:37-41. 2007....
- Excimer laser coronary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarctionErdogan Ilkay
Department of Cardiology, Firat Medical School, Zübeyde Hanim Cad 116 6 Elaziğ, Turkey
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 12:291-5. 2004..The success rate of laser ablation was 94% (17 patients). Stent implantation was performed in all the cases. In conclusion, laser angioplasty is an effective and reliable treatment for acute myocardial infarction...
- The effect of interventional treatment in acute myocardial infarction on ST resolution: a comparison of coronary angioplasty with excimer laser angioplastyErdogan Ilkay
Firat University, Medical School, Department of Cardiology, Elazig, Turkey
Angiology 56:377-84. 2005..36 +/-10% in group II (p=0.001). ST segment resolution, which is a good predictor of tissue perfusion, was higher with ELCA than with balloon angioplasty. These findings should be supported by large randomized studies...
- Effects of high loading dose of clopidogrel in ST elevated myocardial infarction treated with fibrinolytic agentHatice Solmaz
Firat University Medical Faculty, Department of Cardiology, Elazig, Turkey
Clin Invest Med 36:E18-23. 2013....
- Atorvastatin affects C-reactive protein levels in patients with coronary artery diseaseIlgin Karaca
Firat University Medical School, Elazig, Turkey
Curr Med Res Opin 19:187-91. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate anti-inflammatory effects of atorvastatin in patients with CAD by measuring serum CRP levels...
- Effects of spironolactone and metoprolol on QT dispersion in heart failureMehmet Akbulut
Department of Cardiology, Medical Faculty, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Jpn Heart J 44:681-92. 2003..The effects of spironolactone and metoprolol on corrected QT dispersion were similar...
- The effect of the duration of clopidogrel use on hsCRP levels after stenting the target vessel in patients with acute coronary syndromeYusuf Cekici
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Clin Invest Med 34:E211. 2011..The aim of this study is to investigate the relationship between the duration of clopidogrel use and the inflammation process after acute coronary syndrome in patients who received bare metal stent (BMS) or drug eluting stent (DES)...
- The level of hs-CRP in coronary artery ectasia and its response to statin and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor treatmentYilmaz Ozbay
Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Firat University, 23200 Elazig, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 2007:89649. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate CRP level and its response to statin and ACE inhibitor treatment in CAE...
- Relationship between mean platelet volume elevation and left ventricular mass index in hypertensive patientsMustafa Ferzeyn Yavuzkir
Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
J Int Med Res 42:781-7. 2014..To compare the mean platelet volume (MPV; a general marker of platelet activation) in groups of patients with and without hypertension and to analyse its relationship with left ventricular mass index (LVMI)...
- Obestatin is present in saliva: alterations in obestatin and ghrelin levels of saliva and serum in ischemic heart diseaseYilmaz Ozbay
Department of Cardiology, Firat University, School of Medicine Firat Medical Center, Eazig, Persembe, Ordu, Turkey
BMB Rep 41:55-61. 2008..Salivary ghrelin and obestatin levels are correlated in controls with the blood levels. Determination of salivary values could represent a non-invasive alternative to serum ones that can be useful in clinical practice...
- Treatment of in-stent restenosis with excimer laser coronary angioplastyIlgin Karaca
Department of Cardiology, University of Firat Elazig, Turkey
Jpn Heart J 44:179-86. 2003..The rate of target lesion revascularization (TLR) was 5 of 23 (22%) in the patients treated with ELCA. It is concluded, ELCA is a safe and efficient debulking technology for treating diffuse in-stent restenosis...
- Nebivolol and quinapril reduce p-wave duration and dispersion in hypertensive patientsHasan Korkmaz
Department of Cardiology, Elazig Education and Research Hospital, Elazig, Turkey
Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 9:158-66. 2009..05). In conclusion, short-term treatment with nebivolol and quinapril produces a similar but significant reduction in Pmax and PWD in hypertensive patients. This effect is independent of blood pressure and heart rate changes...
- [Stenting of renal artery with or without predilatation in hypertensive patients with renal artery stenosis: results of the nine-months follow-up]Erdogan Ilkay
Firat Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Kardiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Elazig
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 3:2-7, AXVII. 2003..We evaluated the effects of stenting on blood pressure and renal functions in hypertensive patients with proximal/ostial atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis...
- Comparative effect of oral pulse and intravenous calcitriol treatment in hemodialysis patients: the effect on serum IL-1 and IL-6 levels and bone mineral densitySuleyman Turk
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Selcuk University, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Nephron 90:188-94. 2002..In this prospective randomized study, we aimed to compare the effect of oral and intravenous (IV) pulse calcitriol on serum levels of IL-1 beta and IL-6...