Affiliation: MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
- Intimate partner violence as seen in post-conflict eastern Uganda: prevalence, risk factors and mental health consequencesEugene Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS MRC DFID African Leadership Award, P O Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 16:5. 2016..This paper reports on the prevalence, risk factors and mental health consequences of IPV victimisation in both gender as seen in post-conflict eastern Uganda...
- Prevalence and risk factors of attempted suicide in adult war-affected population of eastern UgandaEugene Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda Senior EDCTP Fellowship, Cape Town, South Africa
Crisis 34:314-23. 2013..There is conflicting evidence on the relationship between war trauma and suicidal behavior. Some studies point to an increased risk of suicidal behavior while others do not, with a paucity of such data from sub-Saharan Africa...
- Prevalence and risk factors of depression in childhood and adolescence as seen in four districts of North-Eastern UgandaEugene Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Senior EDCTP Fellowship, P O Box 49, Entebbe Cape Town, Uganda, South Africa
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 13:19. 2013..This paper examines the prevalence and risk factors of depression in childhood and adolescence as seen in a community sample derived from four disadvantaged districts in north-eastern Uganda...
- Psychiatric disorders and psychosocial correlates of high HIV risk sexual behaviour in war-affected Eastern UgandaE Kinyanda
Mental Health Project, MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS Care 24:1323-32. 2012..Holistic HIV/AIDS prevention programming in conflict and post-conflict settings should address the psychiatric and psychosocial well-being of these communities as a risk factor for HIV acquisition...
- Validation of brief screening tools for depressive and alcohol use disorders among TB and HIV patients in primary care in ZambiaNathaniel Chishinga
Zambia AIDS Related TB Project, School of Medicine, Ridgeway Campus, Lusaka, Zambia
BMC Psychiatry 11:75. 2011....
- Prevalence and risk factors of major depressive disorder in HIV/AIDS as seen in semi-urban Entebbe district, UgandaEugene Kinyanda
Medical Research Council Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda, Africa
BMC Psychiatry 11:205. 2011..Therefore a study was undertaken to examine the prevalence and risk factors of MDD in HIV/AIDS in semi-urban Uganda...
- Suicide in urban Kampala, Uganda: a preliminary explorationE Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Uganda
Afr Health Sci 11:219-27. 2011..Suicide was investigated in the urban setting of Kampala, Uganda...
- Prevalence of severe mental distress and its correlates in a population-based study in rural south-west UgandaEugene Kinyanda
Medical Research Council Uganda Virus Research Institute, Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
BMC Psychiatry 11:97. 2011..This study set out to investigate SMD and it's associated factors in a rural population-based cohort in south-west Uganda...
- Adolescent suicidality as seen in rural northeastern Uganda: prevalence and risk factorsEugene Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Uganda
Crisis 32:43-51. 2011..Suicidal behavior in adolescence is a public health concern and has serious consequences for adolescents and their families. There is, however, a paucity of data on this subject from sub-Saharan Africa, hence the need for this study...
- War related sexual violence and it's medical and psychological consequences as seen in Kitgum, Northern Uganda: A cross-sectional studyEugene Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, P, O, Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 10:28. 2010....
- Poverty, life events and the risk for depression in UgandaEugene Kinyanda
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:35-44. 2011..Understanding the determinants of major depression in sub-Saharan Africa is important for planning effective intervention strategies...
- Experiences of HIV-related stigma among HIV-positive older persons in Uganda--a mixed methods analysisMonica O Kuteesa
a MD, MPH, is affiliated to MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
SAHARA J 11:126-37. 2014..Efforts to assess for different forms of stigma at an individual level deserve greater attention from service providers and researchers, and must be context specific...
- Health and functional status among older people with HIV/AIDS in UgandaFrancien Scholten
Medical Research Council Uganda Research Unit on on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
BMC Public Health 11:886. 2011..This aim of this study was to describe health among older people in association with the HIV epidemic...