- Understanding sexual and reproductive health needs of adolescents: evidence from a formative evaluation in Wakiso district, UgandaLynn M Atuyambe
Department of Community Health and Behavioural Sciences, Makerere University School of Public Health, P O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Reprod Health 12:35. 2015..This study aimed to assess the sexual reproductive health needs of the adolescents and explored their attitudes towards current services available...
- Differences in risky sexual behaviors and HIV prevalence of circumcised and uncircumcised men in Uganda: evidence from a 2011 cross-sectional national surveySimon P S Kibira
School of Public Health, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Reprod Health 11:25. 2014..We assessed the association between male circumcision, risky sexual behaviors and HIV prevalence among men in a nationally representative sample...
- The organization and implementation of community-based education programs for health worker training institutions in UgandaDan Kaye
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, 21205, USA
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 11:S4. 2011..This study was undertaken to assess the scope and nature of community-based education for various health worker cadres in Uganda...
- Research translation to inform national health policies: learning from multiple perspectives in UgandaFreddie Ssengooba
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 11:S13. 2011....
- Perception and valuations of community-based education and service by alumni at Makerere University College of Health SciencesAndrew Mwanika
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 11:S5. 2011....
- The effects of enhanced access to antiretroviral therapy: a qualitative study of community perceptions in Kampala city, UgandaLynn Atuyambe
Behavioural Surveillance Program, Academic Alliance for AIDS Care and Prevention in Africa, Makerere University School of Public Health, P O Box 7072, Kampala
Afr Health Sci 8:13-9. 2008..This study examined community perceptions and beliefs on whether enhanced access to ARVs increases risk behaviour. It also examined people's fears regarding HIV/AIDS infection and the use of ARVs...
- Seeking safety and empathy: adolescent health seeking behavior during pregnancy and early motherhood in central UgandaLynn Atuyambe
Department of Community Health and Behavioral Sciences, Makerere University School of Public Health, Kampala, Uganda
J Adolesc 32:781-96. 2009..This will in long-term have an impact on the reduction of morbidity and mortality among adolescent mothers and their newborns...
- Adolescent and adult first time mothers' health seeking practices during pregnancy and early motherhood in Wakiso district, central UgandaLynn Atuyambe
Makerere University School of Public Health, Department of Community Health and Behavioural Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
Reprod Health 5:13. 2008..In order to get a better understanding of adolescent mothers'needs we compared health seeking practices of first time adolescent and adult mothers during pregnancy and early motherhood in Wakiso district, Uganda...
- Uptake of family planning methods and unplanned pregnancies among HIV-infected individuals: a cross-sectional survey among clients at HIV clinics in UgandaRhoda K Wanyenze
Makerere University School of Public Health, Kampala, Uganda
J Int AIDS Soc 14:35. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the utilization of family planning and unintended pregnancies among HIV-infected people in Uganda...
- Do religion and religiosity have anything to do with alcohol consumption patterns? Evidence from two fish landing sites on Lake Victoria UgandaNazarius M Tumwesigye
1School of Public Health, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
Subst Use Misuse 48:1130-7. 2013..45-10.04) compared with those reporting low/average religiosity. Religion and religiosity are potential channels for controlling alcohol use. ..
- The new female condom (FC2) in Uganda: perceptions and experiences of users and their sexual partnersRhoda K Wanyenze
a Makerere University School of Public Health, PO Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Afr J AIDS Res 10:219-24. 2011..FC2 should be added to the existing HIV/STI-prevention and family-planning options in Uganda and other countries, with sufficient training and support to ensure correct use. ..
- Exploring the focus of prenatal information offered to pregnant mothers regarding newborn care in rural UgandaMangwi Richard Ayiasi
Mulago Hospital Complex, Makerere University School of Public Health, P, O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:176. 2013..This study aims to understand the scope of educational information and current practices on newborn care from the perspectives of prenatal mothers and health workers...
- Recognition and home care of low birth weight neonates: a qualitative study of knowledge, beliefs and practices of mothers in Iganga-Mayuge Health and Demographic Surveillance Site, UgandaElizabeth L Nabiwemba
School of Public Health, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, P, O, Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Public Health 14:546. 2014..This study explored mothers' knowledge, beliefs and practices in recognising and providing home care for low birth weight babies...
- Maintaining quality of health services after abolition of user fees: a Uganda case studyJuliet Nabyonga-Orem
Health Systems Unit, World Health Organization, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Health Serv Res 8:102. 2008..The outcome of the study may then provide insights into policy actions to maintain quality of care following removal of user fees...
- Examining the actions of faith-based organizations and their influence on HIV/AIDS-related stigma: a case study of UgandaErasmus Otolok-Tanga
Makerere University, Institute of Public Health, Department of Community Health and Behavioural Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
Afr Health Sci 7:55-60. 2007..Uganda's success in combating HIV/AIDS has been attributed to a number of factors, including political, religious and societal engagement and openness - actors that combat stigma and assist prevention efforts...