Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Trakya University
- Serum osteoprotegerin levels in patients with acute atherothrombotic stroke and lacunar infarctBaburhan Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Social Security Hospital, Edirne, Turkey
Thromb Res 120:511-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the OPG serum levels in acute ischemic stroke. Our study was further designed to detect differences in serum OPG levels between subtypes of ischemic stroke...
- Visceral fat thickness determined using ultrasonography is associated with anthropometric and clinical parameters of metabolic syndromeS Guldiken
Department of Endocrinology, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Int J Clin Pract 60:1576-81. 2006..There was no relation between PF thickness and clinical variables in both groups (p > 0.05). It can be concluded that VF thickness may have a significant pathophysiological role in the development of the metabolic syndrome...
- The levels of circulating markers of atherosclerosis and inflammation in subjects with different degrees of body mass index: Soluble CD40 ligand and high-sensitivity C-reactive proteinSibel Guldiken
Medical Faculty, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Trakya University, 22030 Edirne, Turkey
Thromb Res 119:79-84. 2007..The aim of the present study was to assess sCD40L in relation to hs-CRP and cardiovascular risk factors in relation to body mass index (BMI)...
- Clearance of technetium-99m-labeled DTPA in hyperthyroidism without clinical evidence of lung disease, and relation to pulmonary functionSibel Guldiken
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Trakya University School of Medicine, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 19:523-7. 2005....
- The roles of oxidized low-density lipoprotein and interleukin-6 levels in acute atherothrombotic and lacunar ischemic strokeBaburhan Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Social Security Hospital, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Angiology 59:224-9. 2008..01). The results of the present study showed that oxidative stress promotes large-vessel disease rather than small-vessel disease stroke, and inflammation may play important an role in the development of small-vessel disease stroke...
- Insulin resistance and high sensitivity C-reactive protein in migraineBaburhan Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Trakya University, Turkey
Can J Neurol Sci 35:448-51. 2008..In this study, we aimed to investigate the existence of insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction, and their relationship to vascular risk factors in patients with migraine...
- Oxidative stress and total antioxidant capacity in diabetic and nondiabetic acute ischemic stroke patientsBaburhan Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:695-700. 2009..The authors conclude that oxidative stress and counterbalancing antioxidant capacity are more pronounced in diabetic acute stroke patients than in nondiabetic acute stroke patients...
- The effects of rosiglitazone treatment on the fibrinolytic system in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusSibel Guldiken
Division of Endocrinology, Trakya University School of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 12:55-60. 2006..01). The short-term and low-dose treatment with rosiglitazone in type 2 diabetic patients has no effects on the fibrinolytic system, although it improves insulin sensitivity...
- Migraine in metabolic syndromeBaburhan Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of Trakya University, and Department of Endocrinology, Social Security Hospital, Edirne, Turkey
Neurologist 15:55-8. 2009....
- Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) antigen and activity assay in patients with primary hypothyroidismNilay Ermantas
Internal Medicine, Medical Faculty, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 16:568-73. 2010..This results point out that the fibrinolytic activity was decreased in hypothyroid patients, and therefore the achievement of euthyroid status is important in ameliorating the increased risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Soluble CD40 ligand and prolactin levels in migraine patients during interictal periodSibel Guldiken
Department of Endocrinology, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
J Headache Pain 12:355-60. 2011..There was no correlation between prolactin, sCD40L, and hs-CRP levels in migraine patients. We consider that the migraine patients are prone to subclinical atherosclerosis, but this tendency is independent of prolactin levels...
- Low leptin levels in migraine: a case control studyBaburhan Guldiken
Trakya University Neurology, Edirne, Turkey
Headache 48:1103-7. 2008..The aim of the study was to assess leptin levels, one of the adipocytokines, in headache-free period of migraine patients and investigate its relation to vascular risk factors...
- Silent myocardial ischemia in middle-aged asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetes in Turkish populationBetul Ugur-Altun
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Trakya University, Edime, Turkey
Angiology 58:535-42. 2007..Insulin resistance is associated with a variety of atherosclerosis risk factors. Exercise test findings show increased cardiac sympathetic activity and parasympathetic withdrawal in increased insulin resistance...
- Glu298Asp polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in Turkish patients with ischemic strokeBaburhan Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty, Trakya University, Edirne, 22030, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 36:1539-43. 2009..The results suggested the lack of the association between the Glu298Asp gene polymorphism and ischemic stroke or subtypes of ischemic stroke in the Turkish population...
- An evaluation of glucose tolerance in essential hypertensionArmagan Tugrul
Endocrinology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Yonsei Med J 50:195-9. 2009..This study aimed to determine the impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes prevalence in patients with essential hypertension (HT) and to compare the developed microvascular complications of these groups...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine levels in thyroid diseasesE Arikan
Endocrinology and Metabolism, Trakya University, Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 30:186-91. 2007..SDMA was significantly related to L-arginine, total cholesterol, and LDL. In conclusion, not only hyperthyroidism but also hypothyroidism was associated with alterations of ADMA and SDMA metabolism...
- Exacerbations of Graves' disease after unilateral adrenalectomy for Cushing's syndromeE Arikan
Medical Faculty of Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 27:574-6. 2004..Tests carried out to determine the thyroid function revealed Graves' disease. We prescribed propylthiouracil and beta-blocker treatment...
- Effect of obesity on TAFI in postmenopausal periodBengur Taskiran
Trakya University, Department of Endocrinology, Turkey Electronic
Obes Res Clin Pract 4:e247-342. 2010..The aim of the study was to evaluate how obesity effects the coagulation and fibrinolytic system in the postmenopausal period...
- Frequency of rheumatic diseases in patients with autoimmune thyroid diseaseMehmet Soy
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Trakya University Faculty of Medicine, 22300, Edirne, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 27:575-7. 2007..The frequency of rheumatic diseases seems to be higher in patients suffering from ATD. Initial evaluation and a regular checking for rheumatic diseases in patients suffering from ATD were recommended...
- Comparative neurophysiological study for the diagnosis of mild polyneuropathy in patients with diabetes mellitus and glucose intoleranceNilda Turgut
Trakya University Medical Faculty, Neurology Department, Edirne, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 116:745-59. 2006..DSRAR is the most reliable method for detection of early nerve pathology. Patients with glucose intolerance might have subclinical neuropathy that can be demonstrated with DSRAR analysis...
- Global fibrinolytic capacity in patients with subclinical hypothyroidismSibel Guldiken
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Endocr J 52:363-7. 2005..The study group comprised of 15 patients with SH and 15 healthy controls. The GFC was significantly lower in patients with SH than in control group (p<0.002). This result suggests a relative hypercoagulable state in SH...
- Iatrogenic Cushing's Syndrome After Topical Steroid Therapy for PsoriasisBirsen Sahıp
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Indian J Dermatol 61:120. 2016..At present there is no consensus on steroid withdrawal. Patients on long-term glucocorticoid treatment must be evaluated for potential adverse effects and withdrawal symptoms by their physician and their endocrinologist. ..
- Investigation of insulin resistance gene polymorphisms in patients with differentiated thyroid cancerMustafa Akker
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Trakya, Edirne, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 41:3541-7. 2014..While, obesity and increased HOMA-IR may be risk factors in DTC development, we suggest that IRS-1, IRS-2 and IGFBP-3 gene polymorphisms do not play an important role in pathogenesis of DTC. ..
- Relationships existing between the serum cytokine levels and bone mineral density in women in the premenopausal period affected by Graves' disease with subclinical hyperthyroidismBetul Ugur-Altun
Endocrinology and Metabolism Department, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Endocr Res 29:389-98. 2003..In conclusion, these results suggest that there were no relationships existing between the serum level of these cytokines and BMD in women of premenopausal age affected by Graves' disease with subclinical hyperthyroidism...
- The effects of fat distribution and some adipokines on insulin resistanceBetül Ekiz Bilir
Trakya University, Medical Faculty, Internal Medicine Department, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Division, Edirne, Turkey
Endokrynol Pol 67:277-82. 2016..The risk of developing insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome is particularly high in central obesity. In this study we evaluated the effects of fat distribution and some adipokines on insulin resistance in prediabetic patients...
- Histopathological Evidence of Lymph Node Metastasis in Papillary Thyroid CarcinomaNuray Can
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, 22O3O, Edirne, Turkey
Endocr Pathol 26:218-28. 2015....
- Pheochromocytoma presenting with rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure: a case reportHuseyin Celik
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Trakya Medical School, University of Trakya, Edirne, Turkey
Ren Fail 36:104-7. 2014..There are a few case reports with pheochromocytoma presenting rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure. Herein, we report a case with pheochromocytoma crisis presenting with rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure...
- Management of differentiated thyroid cancer in the presence of resistance to thyroid hormone and TSH-secreting adenomas: a report of four cases and review of the literatureUgur Unluturk
Ankara University School of Medicine, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:2210-7. 2013..When coexistent with a differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC), maintenance of a suppression of TSH is challenging...
- Subclinical Cushing's syndrome is a potential cause of metabolic dementia and rapidly progressive Alzheimer-type dementiaSibel Guldiken
Department of Endocrinology, Trakya University, Medical Faculty, Edirne 22030, Turkey
Med Hypotheses 71:703-5. 2008..We hypothesized that SCS may cause metabolic dementia, and should be searched in case of rapidly progressive dementia of Alzheimer type...
- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type III in monozygotic twins: a case reportB Ugur-Altun
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, University of Trakya, Edirne, Turkey
Acta Clin Belg 59:225-8. 2004..One of the twins also had autoimmune leukopenia. To our knowledge, leukopenia is the first mentioned coexistence in the literature of autoimmune polyglandular syndrome...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine and nitric oxide levels in migraine during the interictal periodB Guldiken
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty, Trakya University, and Social Security Hospital, 22030 Edirne, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 16:672-4. 2009..We conclude that, in patients with migraine, there is no dysfunction of baseline NO and ADMA metabolism during the interictal period...