Affiliation: Mersin University
- Effects of HA-1077 and Y-27632, two rho-kinase inhibitors, in the human umbilical arteryMustafa Ark
Department of Pharmacology, Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Cell Biochem Biophys 41:331-42. 2004..However, this effect appears to be limited to intracellular calcium-induced contractions and may be more important in sustaining contractions rather than the initial phase of force development...
- Rho-associated protein kinase II (rock II) expression in normal and preeclamptic human placentasM Ark
Department of Pharmacology, Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Campus Yenisehir, 33169 Mersin, Turkey
Placenta 26:81-4. 2005..However, it is considered that rock II expression may also increase to compensate for placental functions changing in preeclampsia...
- Involvement of rho kinase in the ouabain-induced contractions of the rat renal arteriesMustafa Ark
Department of Pharmacology, Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:417-21. 2006..This mechanism may be important in essential hypertension with elevated endogenous ouabain levels...
- Expression of Rho-kinase and its functional role in the contractile activity of the mouse vas deferensKansu Buyukafsar
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Campus Yenisehir, Mersin 33169, Turkey
Br J Pharmacol 140:743-9. 2003....
- Rho-kinase expression and its contribution to the control of perfusion pressure in the isolated rat mesenteric vascular bedKansu Buyukafsar
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty Mersin University, Campus Yenişehir 33169, Mersin, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 485:263-8. 2004....
- Nitric oxide does not downregulate Rho-kinase (ROCK-2) expression in rat coronary endothelial cellsR Nalan Tiftik
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Campus Yenisehir, Mersin, Turkey
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 51:140-7. 2008....
- Ouabain-induced apoptosis and Rho kinase: a novel caspase-2 cleavage site and fragment of Rock-2Mustafa Ark
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, Gazi University, Etiler, 06330 Ankara, Turkey
Apoptosis 15:1494-506. 2010..Our data indicate that ouabain induces both Rock-1 and Rock-2 cleavage via caspase-dependent mechanisms and provide evidence that Rocks are involved in ouabain-induced cell-to-cell detachment and apoptosis...
- Upregulation of Rho-kinase (ROCK-2) expression and enhanced contraction to endothelin-1 in the mesenteric artery from lipopolysaccharide-treated ratsKansu Buyukafsar
Department of Pharmacology Medical Faculty Mersin University Campus Yenişehir 33169 Mersin, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 498:211-7. 2004....
- Chronic ouabain treatment induces Rho kinase activationAysun Ozdemir
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Pharm Res 38:1897-905. 2015..Our current data present the first evidence that Rho kinase is involved in the development of ouabain-induced hypertension in rats...
- Chemical preconditioning effect of 3-nitropropionic acid in anesthetized rat heartNilufer Nermin Turan
University of Gazi, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, Ankara, Turkey
Life Sci 82:928-33. 2008..Protective effect is associated with via decreased production of bax protein expression...
- Mediation of nitric oxide from photosensitive stores in the photorelaxation of the rabbit corpus cavernosumKansu Buyukafsar
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Campus Yenisehir, 33169, Mersin, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 459:263-7. 2003..Based on these findings, the substance, which mediates photorelaxation, could be NO released from putative stores in the rabbit corpus cavernosum, and L-NA as well as NaNO(2) but not 3-NT produce NO under the influence of UV light...
- Cardiac glycoside-induced cell death and Rho/Rho kinase pathway: Implication of different regulation in cancer cell linesAysun Ozdemir
Department of Pharmacology, Gazi University, Faculty of Pharmacy, 06330, Turkey
Steroids 109:29-43. 2016..In conclusion, these findings indicate that the Rho/ROCK pathway is regulated differently in cancer cell lines compared to normal cells during cardiac glycosides-induced cell death. ..
- Atorvastatin acutely reduces the reactivity to spasmogens in rat aorta: implication of the inhibition of geranylgeranylation and MYPT-1 phosphorylationFatoş İlkay Alp Yildirim
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul University, 34116, Beyazit, Istanbul, Turkey
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 30:96-106. 2016....
- The effect of taurine on the relationship between NO, ADMA and homocysteine in endotoxin-mediated inflammation in HUVEC culturesOzge Tuğçe Paşaoğlu
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Inflammation 37:1439-43. 2014..Hcy levels increased significantly compared to taurine group (p<0.05) and did not change compared to LPS group. Taurine was effective on ADMA-NO relationship whereas no beneficial effect was observed in Hcy levels (p<0.05)...