Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Radiation-induced benign glandular cells in posthysterectomy smears: a cytomorphologic and clinical analysisE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:670-4. 2006..We also propose that the possibility of encountering glandular cells in posthysterectomy smears is higher than expected, if the mucin stains have been used for the microscopic examination...
- The values of intratumoral mast cell count and Ki-67 immunoreactivity index in differential diagnosis of uterine smooth muscle neoplasmsE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Gynecologic Pathology Division, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:938-41. 2001..We concluded that the quantity of intratumoral mast cells is useful in the differential diagnosis between leiomyosarcomas and atypical leiomyomas, while the cell proliferation rate expressed by Ki-67 immunoreactivity has a limited value...
- Placental mesenchymal dysplasia: a rare clinicopathologic entity confused with molar pregnancyV Ulker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology Unit, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol 33:246-9. 2013..This study also supports the utility of cytogenetic ploidy analysis and p57KIP2 protein staining in the evaluation of pregnancies with PMD...
- Positive or close margins in breast conserving surgery: is re-excision always necessary?S O Gurdal
Departments of Surgery, Ispartakule Ilgaz 1 Villa 40, Istanbul University, Bahcesehir Basaksehir Istanbul, Zip Code 34538, Turkey
Eur J Surg Oncol 38:399-406. 2012....
- Hamartomatous endocervical polyp with heterologous mesenchymal tissueR Ilhan
Department of Pathology, Gynecologic Pathology Division, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:305-7. 2001..Mitotic figures were not observed. Arteriolar structures did not contain internal elastic lamina. In our opinion, these pathological findings are all consistent with a hamartomatous lesion rather than with a true neoplasm...
- Granulomatous villitis formed by inflammatory cells with maternal origin: a rare manifestation type of placental toxoplasmosisE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Topkapi, Istanbul 34390, Turkey
Placenta 27:780-2. 2006..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of granulomatous villitis due to toxoplasmosis, in which formation by maternal inflammatory cells has been demonstrated...
- MAPK overexpression is associated with anthracycline resistance and increased risk for recurrence in patients with triple-negative breast cancerY Eralp
Department of Medical Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Istanbul University, Topkapi, 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Oncol 19:669-74. 2008..The aim of this study is to evaluate the prognostic impact of various molecular factors in patients with triple-negative breast cancer...
- Multimodality imaging features of idiopathic granulomatous mastitis: outcome of 12 years of experienceM Dursun
Radiology Department, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Millet Caddesi, Capa, 34390, Istanbul, Turkey
Radiol Med 117:529-38. 2012..This study was done to determine mammographic, sonographic and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) appearances of idiopathic granulomatous mastitis, an entity clinically and radiographically resembling breast carcinoma...
- The role of chemotherapy in malignant mixed mullerian tumors of the female genital tractE Topuz
Institute of Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, University of Istanbul, Topkapi, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:469-72. 2001..Further prospective studies are required to identify distinct prognostic groups that may benefit from various treatment modalities...