Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Hamartomatous endocervical polyp with heterologous mesenchymal tissueR Ilhan
Department of Pathology, Gynecologic Pathology Division, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:305-7. 2001..Mitotic figures were not observed. Arteriolar structures did not contain internal elastic lamina. In our opinion, these pathological findings are all consistent with a hamartomatous lesion rather than with a true neoplasm...
- The values of intratumoral mast cell count and Ki-67 immunoreactivity index in differential diagnosis of uterine smooth muscle neoplasmsE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Gynecologic Pathology Division, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:938-41. 2001..We concluded that the quantity of intratumoral mast cells is useful in the differential diagnosis between leiomyosarcomas and atypical leiomyomas, while the cell proliferation rate expressed by Ki-67 immunoreactivity has a limited value...
- Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy with respect to level of hormone receptor expression in patients with hormone responsive breast cancer: Implications for endocrine resistanceY Eralp
Istanbul University Institute of Oncology, Istanbul, Turkey Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Oncol 26:11563. 2008..The aim of this study is to compare the efficacy of adjuvant HT and chemotherapy (CT) +HT in patients with different levels of ER and PR expression...
- Radiation-induced benign glandular cells in posthysterectomy smears: a cytomorphologic and clinical analysisE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:670-4. 2006..We also propose that the possibility of encountering glandular cells in posthysterectomy smears is higher than expected, if the mucin stains have been used for the microscopic examination...
- Adenomyolipoma of the uterus: a case reportE Yavuz
Istanbul Medical Faculty, Pathology Department, Breast and Gynecological Pathology Division, Turkey
Pathology 33:96-100. 2001..The lesion had an irregular surface. Microscopic diagnosis was an adenomyolipoma. The peculiar shape and microscopic features of this lesion suggested that it was a variant of benign MÃ¼llerian mixed tumour...
- Granulomatous villitis formed by inflammatory cells with maternal origin: a rare manifestation type of placental toxoplasmosisE Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Capa, Topkapi, Istanbul 34390, Turkey
Placenta 27:780-2. 2006..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of granulomatous villitis due to toxoplasmosis, in which formation by maternal inflammatory cells has been demonstrated...
- Trastuzumab use and survival in HER2 (+) nonmetastatic breast cancer among Turkish womenM Kayahan
General Surgery Department, Bezmialem Vakif University Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey Department of General Surgery, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey Department of Medical Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey Department of Pathology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Oncol 29:56. 2011..However, trastuzumab therapy is expensive and long lasting resulting sometimes in cardiac side effects. In this study we tried to find out whether there was a subgroup of early breast cancer patients trastuzumab could be omitted...
- Positive or close margins in breast conserving surgery: is re-excision always necessary?S O Gurdal
Departments of Surgery, Ispartakule Ilgaz 1 Villa 40, Istanbul University, Bahcesehir Basaksehir Istanbul, Zip Code 34538, Turkey
Eur J Surg Oncol 38:399-406. 2012....