Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Neurologic and cardiac findings in children with Sydenham choreaAyse Kilic
Institute of Child Health, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Neurol 36:159-64. 2007..Although murmurs in patients with Sydenham chorea predicts carditis with high probability, the absence of murmur does not exclude it. In patients with carditis, the mitral valve is the one most frequently involved...
- Acute obstructive respiratory tract diseases in a pediatric emergency unit: evidence-based evaluationAyse Kilic
Division of Ambulatory Pediatrics, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Emerg Care 28:1321-7. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine the evidence-based performance of the pediatric emergency unit in the diagnosis of and treatment approach to the patients with asthma, bronchiolitis, and croup...
- Clinical and laboratory characteristics of children referred for early puberty: preponderance in 7-8 years of ageAyse Kilic
Istanbul University Istanbul Medical Faculty, Pediatrics, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 4:208-12. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the girls referred to the pediatric outpatient clinic with a presumptive diagnosis of early puberty due to early onset of breast development or pubarche...
- Frequency of common viruses in etiology of acute respiratory tract infectionsHayati Beka
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Indian J Pediatr 80:91-6. 2013..To determine the frequency rate of C. pneumoniae, rhinovirus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), influenza virus, metapneumovirus, adenovirus', parainfluenza virus and coronavirus in acute respiratory tract infections in children...
- Is acetaminophen as effective as an antihistamine-decongestant-acetaminophen combination in relieving symptoms of acute nasopharyngitis in children? A randomised, controlled trialEmin Unuvar
Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Capa, TR 34390, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1277-85. 2007..To determine the efficiency of drugs, which include antihistaminic-decongestant-acetaminophen agents versus only acetaminophen in symptomatic treatment of acute nasopharyngitis in children...
- Role of vitamin D in children with hepatosteatosisIsmail Yildiz
Division of Ambulatory Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics Division of Pediatric Radiology, Department of Radiology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Bulent Ecevit University, Zonguldak Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Pediatrics Department of Biochemistry, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine Department of Social Pediatrics, Institute of Child Health Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 59:106-11. 2014..Vitamin D has a major role in bone mineral metabolism and has antimicrobial, antioxidant properties. In this study we aimed to investigate the role of vitamin D in children with obesity with hepatosteatosis...
- The role of vitamin D in children with recurrent tonsillopharyngitisIsmail Yildiz
Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ital J Pediatr 38:25. 2012..In this study, our aim was to determine the potential role of vitamin D in recurrent tonsillitis by measuring serum 25-OH vitamin D levels and determining the vitamin D receptor polymorphism among children with recurrent tonsillitis...
- Frequency of Chlamydia pneumoniae and Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections in childrenMujgan Sidal
Institute of Child Health, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Trop Pediatr 53:225-31. 2007..We aimed to investigate seasonal frequency of respiratory infections caused by C. pneumoniae and M. pneumoniae, frequency of coinfection, clinical findings and to determine relationship between clinical findings and laboratory results...
- A case with quadriparetic cerebral palsy and cyanosis: congenital methemoglobinemiaSelman Gokalp
Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Neurol 33:131-3. 2005..In conclusion, cyanosis and repetitive convulsions associated with neurologic deficits may be explained by congenital methemoglobinemia, a potentially treatable condition...