Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Immunoexpression of HER family, neuregulin, MAPK and AKT in invasive ductal carcinomas of the breastH Kaya
Department of Pathology, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 29:350-6. 2008....
- A novel approach for rapid screening of mitochondrial D310 polymorphismCenk Aral
Marmara University, School of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology, Tibbiye Cad, NO, 49, 81326, Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Cancer 6:21. 2006..In this study, we conducted a rapid RFLP analysis using a restriction enzyme, BsaXI, for the single step simple determination of 7-C carriers at the first stretch in D310 region...
- Apocrine carcinomas of the breast in Turkish women: hormone receptors, c-erbB-2 and p53 immunoexpressionHandan Kaya
Department of Pathology, Marmara University Hospital, Altunizade, Istanbul 81190, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 204:367-71. 2008..For Turkish BCa patients, (i) the occurrence rate of ApBCa (2.1%) was high; and (ii) the following combination would allow for an immunohistochemical identification of ApBCa: GCDFP-15(+), c-erbB-2(+), and PR(-)...
- Prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA in larynx and lung carcinomasH Kaya
Department of Pathology, Marmara University Hospital, 81190 Altunizade, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathologica 93:531-4. 2001..We found a statistically significant correlation between HPV infection and tumour recurrence (p < 0.035) in laryngeal carcinomas, but not between HPV presence and tumour stage or grade in neither larynx nor lung...
- Her-2/neu gene amplification compared with HER-2/neu protein overexpression on ultrasound guided core-needle biopsy specimens of breast carcinomaH Kaya
Marmara University Hospital, Department of Pathology Altunizade, Istanbul, 81190, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 7:279-83. 2001..05). The results of our study showed that combination of IHC and FISH methods enhances the evaluation of tumor genetics at both gene and protein level for the analysis of Her-2/neu in breast carcinoma...
- Apocrine differentiation in invasive pleomorphic lobular carcinoma with in situ ductal and lobular apocrine carcinoma: case reportHandan Kaya
Department of Pathology, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, 81190, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 8:151-2. 2002..Invasive pleomorphic lobular carcinoma (PLC) is a distinctive aggressive subtype of invasive lobular carcinomas (ILC). We report one case of PLC with in situ PLC and ductal carcinoma in situ with apocrine features...
- Myoepithelial differentiation in breast carcinomaHandan Kaya
Department of Pathology, Marmara University Hospital School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Tumori 94:116-20. 2008..The aim of presenting this work is to describe a matrix producing carcinoma with anaplastic myoepithelial cell foci, with the coexistence of in situ myoepithelial carcinoma which originated from a sclerosing adenosis...
- Benefit from adjuvant anthracyclines according to hormone receptor statusG Atalay Basaran
Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Oncol 26:11513. 2008..11513 Background: Several trials have consistently reported that there is marked heterogeneity in the magnitude of chemotherapy benefit according to the level of hormone receptor expression...
- Expression of NM23 and tenascin in invasive ductal carcinomas of the breastH Kaya
Marmara University Hospital, Pathology Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:261-3. 2002..In this series of ductal carcinoma of the breast, immunoexpression of antimetastasis gene nm23 and tenascin was examined and the role in prognosis was investigated by correlation with the tumour grade and stage, and ER/PR immunoexpression...
- Antimetastasis gene expression and numerical chromosomal abnormalities of chromosomes 1 & 17 in serous tumours of the ovaryH Kaya
Marmara University, School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:240-2. 2001..Odds Ratio (OR) assessment indicates that the presence of numerical aberrations correlates with immunopositivity...
- Clinical outcome of triple-negative (TN) breast cancer (BC)D Cabuk
MUTFH, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Oncol 26:11526. 2008..Triple- negative tumors, most of which fall into the basal subgroup of breast cancers based on microarray profiling have been reported to have an aggressive clinical course...
- Prognosis and treatment of primary adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervixT Pekin
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:160-3. 2001..The survival difference between two groups is explained by effects of clinical stage, nodal spread, and vascular space involvement...
- Incidental carcinoid of appendix in cesarean sectionHusnu Gokaslan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine of Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 104:76-8. 2002..The tumor was discovered as a result of the routine exploration of the whole abdomen. The investigation for metastasis proved no evidence of spread and the patient was treated solely by surgery...
- HPV DNA frequency and subset analysis in human breast cancer patients' normal and tumoral tissue samplesM Gumus
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Dr Lutfi Kirdar Kartal Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 25:515-21. 2006..HPV DNA was significantly associated with breast tumor tissue compared to normal breast tissue. Additional studies looking at HPV and HPV subtypes are needed to clarify the etiological role of the HPV in breast cancer...
- Nephrogenic adenoma of the ureter: case reportS U Bozkurt
Department of Pathology, Hospital of The University of Marmara, Tophanelioglu Caddesi 13 15, Altunizade, Usküdar Istanbul 81190, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 39:65-9. 2007..We report a case of nephrogenic adenoma arising from the lower end of the right ureter with clinical and radiological features suspicious of carcinoma...
- Multiparametric analysis of preoperative lymphatic mapping with the use of combined deep plus superficial radiotracer injection technique in early breast cancerFuat Dede
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 29:546-52. 2008..In this study, we analysed the quantitative performance parameters of combined deep plus superficial radiotracer injection and their correlation with a set of clinical, pathological and technical factors...
- [Comparison of sonographically guided vacuum-assisted and automated core-needle breast biopsy methods]Aslihan Semiz Oysu
Marmara Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Radyoloji Anabilim Dali, Istanbul, Turkey
Tani Girisim Radyol 10:44-7. 2004..To compare the diagnostic accuracy and complication rates of sonographically guided vacuum-assisted and automated core-needle breast biopsy methods...
- A rare primary pulmonary tumor of childhoodEsin Kotiloglu
Department of Pathology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Altunizade Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 44:156-9. 2002..Although this patient was disease-free one year after the initial diagnosis without chemotherapy, he presented at 14 months with local dissemination and cardiac metastasis, revealing the inevitable chemo-radiotherapy need in PPB...
- AgNOR values are not helpful in the differential diagnosis of pituitary adenomasSema Hucumenoglu
SSK Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Department of Pathology, Hosdere C No 164 3 06550 Y Ayranci, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 104:293-9. 2002..05). While no difference between recurrent and non-recurrent patients was found with respect to mean AgNOR numbers (P>0.05), nucleolar silver staining in the form of AgNOR clusters was more frequently detected in recurrent cases...
- Voltage-gated sodium channel expression and potentiation of human breast cancer metastasisScott P Fraser
Neuroscience Solutions to Cancer Research Group, Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College London, UK
Clin Cancer Res 11:5381-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate voltage-gated Na(+) channel (VGSC) expression and its possible role in human breast cancer...
- Could prolactin receptor gene polymorphism play a role in pathogenesis of breast carcinoma?Emel Canbay
Department of General Surgery, Cumhuriyet University Hospital, Sivas, Turkey
Curr Med Res Opin 20:533-40. 2004..This study investigated the presence of any mutation or polymorphism of prolactin receptor (PRLR) in 38 patients with breast cancer...