Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Beta glucan induces proliferation and activation of monocytes in peripheral blood of patients with advanced breast cancerGokhan Demir
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Medical Oncology Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Immunopharmacol 7:113-6. 2007..In this prospective clinical trial we assessed in vivo effects of short term oral beta glucan administration on peripheral blood monocytes and their expression of activation markers in patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors in Turkey: experiences from 3 centersFatih Selcukbiricik
Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Onkologie 36:18-24. 2013..The most common primary site of GIST is the stomach. The treatment is primarily surgery, and the standard medical therapy is imatinib. Long-term survival can be obtained with good follow-up and treatment...
- Salivary total sialic acid levels increase in breast cancer patients: a preliminary studyLeyla Koç Oztürk
Marmara University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Biochemistry, Nisantasi, Istanbul, Turkey
Med Chem 7:443-7. 2011..The effects of different types of chemotherapies and different stages of the disease on salivary SA levels and salivary sialo-glycomic are worthy of being further investigated in breast cancer patients...
- Clinical and pathological characteristics and their effect on survival in elderly patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumorsNil Molinas Mandel
University of Koç, Department of Medical Oncology, Istanbul, Turkey
J BUON 21:360-5. 2016..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the characteristics of GISTs in elderly patients with an aim at improving the therapeutic methodology and survival...
- Diagnostic value of magnetic resonance imaging and scintigraphy in patients with metastatic breast cancer of the axial skeleton: a comparative studyMehmet Halit Yilmaz
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Med Oncol 25:257-63. 2008..The goal of this study was to compare the sensitivity of MRI and scintigraphy for detecting metastatic bone disease involving the axial skeleton...
- Prognostic relevance of sunitinib toxicities and comparison of continuous vs. intermittent sunitinib dosing schedule in metastatic renal cell cancer patientsCetin Ordu
Istanbul Bilim University, Istanbul, Turkey
Contemp Oncol (Pozn) 20:147-52. 2016..Sunitinib-related side effects may develop as a result of the pharmacokinetic pathway affects the of the drug...
- Long extensive transverse myelitis associated with aquaporin-4 antibody and breast cancer: favorable response to cancer treatmentHaydar Armağan
Department of Neurology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Spinal Cord Med 35:267-9. 2012..Long extensive transverse myelitis (LETM) seldom develops in patients with breast cancer who are aquaporin-4 antibody (Aqp-4 Ab)-positive. Whether this association is coincidental is not well understood...
- Low dose daily rhGM-CSF application activates monocytes and dendritic cells in vivoGokhan Demir
Medical Oncology Department, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School, Husrev Gerede Cad 35 4 Tesvikiye, 80200 Istanbul, Turkey
Leuk Res 27:1105-8. 2003..Peripheral circulating dendritic cells which were 0.94% in the beginning, increased to 1.35% (P<0.04) and to 1.96% (P<0.001) on days 5 and 14, respectively...
- Trichomegaly Induced by Cetuximab: Case Series and Review the LiteratureUlkuhan I Koksal
Department of Medical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Bilim University, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Ther 23:e1226-9. 2016..Trichomegaly is an important ocular toxicity of cetuximab that can cause visual discomfort and corneal damages. However, these side effects usually do not require discontinuation of treatment. ..
- Serum thymidine kinase 1 levels correlates with FDG uptake and prognosis in patients with non small cell lung cancerTaner Korkmaz
Department of Medical Oncology, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Biomarkers 18:88-94. 2013..TK1 found to be elevated biomarker in many solid cancers...
- Comparison of KRAS mutation tests in colorectal cancer patientsVeysel Sabri Hancer
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul Bilim University, Istanbul, Turkey
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 15:831-4. 2011..The development and adoption of guidelines for KRAS mutation testing are crucial for success...
- Altered biochemical parameters in the saliva of patients with breast cancerEbru Emekli-Alturfan
Department of Biochemistry, Marmara University, Faculty of Dentistry, Nisantasi, Istanbul, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 214:89-96. 2008..Importantly, dysplastic cells and yeast cells were detected only in saliva samples of cancer patients. Decreased salivary LPO may be considered as a risk factor for breast cancer...
- Olfactory neuroblastomas: an experience of 24 yearsDeniz Tural
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34098 Istanbul, Turkey
ISRN Oncol 2011:451086. 2011..Conclusion. In our study, tumor stage, histopathologic grading, involvement of the orbita, brain and bone marow metastases were the statistically significant prognostic factors...
- Importance of MutL homologue MLH1 and MutS homologue MSH2 expression in Turkish patients with sporadic colorectal cancerSibel Erdamar
Department of Pathology, Cerrahpasa Medical College, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa 34303, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:4437-44. 2007..To assess the incidence of MLH1 (the human MutL homologue) and MSH2 (the human MutS homologue) protein expression in Turkish patients with sporadic colorectal cancers and to compare their survival and clinicopathological features...
- The role of US and MR imaging in detecting local chest wall tumor recurrence after mastectomyMehmet Halit Yilmaz
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:13-8. 2007..To determine the role of clinical examination, ultrasonography (US), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in detecting local tumor recurrence in patients who underwent modified radical mastectomy for breast cancer...