Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Clinical patterns of neurological involvement in Behçet's disease: evaluation of 200 patients. The Neuro-Behçet Study GroupG Akman-Demir
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Turkey
Brain 122:2171-82. 1999..Parenchymal involvement, elevated protein and/or pleocytosis in the CSF, 'brainstem +' type involvement, primary or secondary progressive course and relapse during steroid tapering were all associated with a poorer prognosis...
- Simultaneous presentation of hepatocellular carcinoma in identical twin brothersGokhan Demir
Medical Oncology Department, Cerrahpasa Medical School, University of Istanbul, Turkey
Med Oncol 19:113-6. 2002..Both of the patients were unresponsive to chemotherapy and died within the same month with an interval of I wk. With a review of the current literature, we discuss the role of HBV infection and genetic factors on hepatic carcinogenesis...
- Low dose daily rhGM-CSF application activates monocytes and dendritic cells in vivoGokhan Demir
Medical Oncology Department, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School, Husrev Gerede Cad 35 4 Tesvikiye, 80200 Istanbul, Turkey
Leuk Res 27:1105-8. 2003..Peripheral circulating dendritic cells which were 0.94% in the beginning, increased to 1.35% (P<0.04) and to 1.96% (P<0.001) on days 5 and 14, respectively...
- Long extensive transverse myelitis associated with aquaporin-4 antibody and breast cancer: favorable response to cancer treatmentHaydar Armağan
Department of Neurology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Spinal Cord Med 35:267-9. 2012..Long extensive transverse myelitis (LETM) seldom develops in patients with breast cancer who are aquaporin-4 antibody (Aqp-4 Ab)-positive. Whether this association is coincidental is not well understood...
- Toxicity and survival results of a phase II study investigating the role of postoperative chemo-radioimmunotherapy for gastric adenocarcinomaNuran Senel Bese
Department of Radiation Oncology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Strahlenther Onkol 181:652-9. 2005..To investigate the role of postoperative concomitant chemo-radioimmunotherapy in gastric adenocarcinoma patients...
- Beta glucan induces proliferation and activation of monocytes in peripheral blood of patients with advanced breast cancerGokhan Demir
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Medical Oncology Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Immunopharmacol 7:113-6. 2007..In this prospective clinical trial we assessed in vivo effects of short term oral beta glucan administration on peripheral blood monocytes and their expression of activation markers in patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Primary adenosquamous carcinoma of the liver: case with the longest survivalGokhan Demir
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:924-5. 2005