Affiliation: Istanbul University
- Long-term aspirin pretreatment in the prevention of cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in ratsIbrahim Akyazi
Department of Physiology, Veterinary Faculty, Istanbul University, 34320 Istanbul, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 19:2894-903. 2013..To investigate the effects of long term pretreatment with low-, medium- and high-dose aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, ASA) on a model of acute pancreatitis (AP) induced in rats...
- Transmission of stress between cagemates: a study in ratsIbrahim Akyazi
Istanbul University, Veterinary Faculty, Department of Physiology, Istanbul 34320, Turkey Electronic address
Physiol Behav 123:114-8. 2014....
- The effects of environmental enrichment and transport stress on the weights of lymphoid organs, cell-mediated immune response, heterophil functions and antibody production in laying hensErdal Matur
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Istanbul, Avcilar, Istanbul, Turkey
Anim Sci J 87:284-92. 2016..Therefore, environmental enrichment suggested for improving animal welfare may also be beneficial to improve the immune system of birds exposed to stress. ..
- The effects of resveratrol on tissue injury, oxidative damage, and pro-inflammatory cytokines in an experimental model of acute pancreatitisAhmet Gülçubuk
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, 34320, Avcilar, Istanbul, Turkey
J Physiol Biochem 70:397-406. 2014..05). Thus, we concluded that resveratrol did not reduce trypsin levels and did not prevent tissue injury despite the reduction in oxidative damage and pro-inflammatory cytokine levels detected in this model of AP...
- Influence of ram presence (permanent vs. intermittent) on estrus parameters and behaviours in Kivircik ewesElif Ergul Ekiz
Istanbul University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Physiology, Turkey
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 116:260-5. 2009..Furthermore, the possibility of insemination of estrous ewes becomes much higher by the intermittent presence of ram and thus reproductive performance of the herd could be improved...
- The effect of furnished cages on the immune response of laying hens under social stressErdal Matur
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Istanbul Avcilar, 34320, Istanbul, Turkey
Poult Sci 94:2853-62. 2015..Therefore, we suggest that cage furnishing, which is recommended for improving the welfare of animals, is also beneficial for improving the immune response of hens under the stress condition...
- Noise stress changes mRNA expressions of corticotropin-releasing hormone, its receptors in amygdala, and anxiety-related behaviorsEvren Eraslan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Noise Health 17:141-7. 2015..The present study shows that the exposure of rats to white noise (100 dB) leads to behavioral alterations and molecule-specific changes in the CRH system. Behavioral alterations can be related to these molecular changes in the amygdala. ..
- Effects of curcumin on proinflammatory cytokines and tissue injury in the early and late phases of experimental acute pancreatitisAhmet Gülçubuk
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, 34320 Avcilar, Istanbul, Turkey
Pancreatology 13:347-54. 2013..The objective of the current study was to investigate the effects of curcumin on tissue injury and proinflammatory cytokines in the early and late phases of AP...