Affiliation: Inonu University
- University hospital physicians' attitudes and practices for smoking cessation counseling in Malatya, TurkeyGulsen Gunes
Department of Public Health, Inonu University, Medical School, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Patient Educ Couns 56:147-53. 2005..The findings showed that smoking cessation counseling was rarely practiced by physicians and physicians' practices differed by their smoking behavior, departments and attitudes towards smoking cessation...
- Bacteriuria and socioeconomic associations among pregnant women in Malatya, TurkeyG Gunes
Department of Public Health, Inonu University Medical School, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Public Health 119:1039-41. 2005
- Prevalence of goiter and urinary iodine status of 7-11-year-old children in Malatya province, TurkeyMucahit Egri
Department of Public Health, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 48:119-23. 2006..000). In conclusion, the present study reports mild iodine deficiency in the Malatya province, despite a mandatory iodization program in Turkey which has been in force since 1998...
- The effectiveness of an education program on stages of smoking behavior for workers at a factory in TurkeyGulsen Gunes
Department of Public Health, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
Ind Health 45:232-6. 2007..The study showed that the education in factory for workers could not be successful in quiting, however it impacted the intention and preparation of to quit in the future...
- The prevalence of nutritional anemia in pregnancy in an east Anatolian province, TurkeyLeyla Karaoglu
Public Health Department, Medical School, Rize University, Rize, Turkey
BMC Public Health 10:329. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the anemia prevalence with the associated factors in pregnant women and to determine the serum iron, folate and B12 vitamin status in anaemic pregnants in Malatya province...
- Physical, emotional and sexual violence during pregnancy in Malatya, TurkeyLeyla Karaoglu
Public Health Department, Medical Faculty, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Eur J Public Health 16:149-56. 2006..This study was performed to determine the prevalence of physical, emotional and sexual violence during pregnancy in Malatya province and the associated factors...
- Review of forensic assessments of female referrals to the branch of legal medicine, Malatya region, Turkey--1996-2000Osman Celbis
Inonu University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Legal Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
J Clin Forensic Med 13:21-5. 2006..DV has to undergo some fundamental and far-reaching reformation in Turkey regarding how the legal system deals with it appropriately...
- Color Doppler sonography examination of partially obstructed kidneys associated with ureteropelvic junction stone before and after percutaneous nephrolithotripsy: preliminary reportSuleyman Kilic
Department of Urology, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Inonu Uniersity School of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
Int J Urol 12:429-35. 2005..To evaluate resistive index (RI) changes before and after unilateral percutaneous nephrolithotripsy in chronic partially obstructed kidneys due to ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) stones...
- Effects of micronised purified flavonoid fraction on pain, spermiogram and scrotal color Doppler parameters in patients with painful varicoceleSuleyman Kilic
Department of Urology, Inonu University School of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Central, Malatya, Turkey
Urol Int 74:173-9. 2005..Since varicocele is a venous pathology, we evaluated the effects of MPFF on pain, spermiogram and color Doppler parameters in patients with painful varicocele...
- The epidemiology and factors associated with nocturnal enuresis among boarding and daytime school children in southeast of Turkey: a cross sectional studyAli Gunes
Urology Department, Inonu University, Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
BMC Public Health 9:357. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine the possible differences in the prevalence of enuresis between children in boarding school and daytime school and the association of enuresis with sociodemographic factors...
- Experience of workplace violence during medical speciality training in TurkeyYasemin Acik
Department of Public Health, Firat University Medical Faculty, Elazig, Turkey
Occup Med (Lond) 58:361-6. 2008..To determine the type, extent and effects of workplace violence among residents during postgraduate speciality training in various departments of medical schools in Turkey...
- AIDS awareness and knowledge among married women living in Malatya (Turkey): implications for province-based prevention programsMetin Genc
Inonu University, Head of Family Medicine Department, Campus Malatya, Turkey
New Microbiol 28:161-4. 2005..These findings show that media based information does not seem to be sufficient. Therefore, it is recommended that health education should be inserted in the school curriculum and health personnel should inform the women...